MBA vs. Notre Dame

yoyo34

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think MBA's draw looks better if they tank to Notre Dame...and that's not really fair because I don't know anything about ND, but MBA appears to have a better draw if they lose to ND, beat MUS, then they probably get CB, which should be better than getting the FR/Baylor loser (who they would get if they beat ND and lost to McC)...

just some thoughts

Houston was in a similar situation with its season finale against Germantown. If we tanked the Gtown match, we would have been in a better position at the Region Duals. Of course we didn't even try to do such a thing and won the dual. I just don't see a coach willingly tanking a match to set up a better consolation draw. I especially don't see Coach F. Simpson doing this. He will make the best of his situation and work hard to try to win the championship this weekend regardless of the draw.

Yeah i do agree with you Coach Delgado, but I wonder if brother Pat Simpson would have known how it was going to come out would he have wrestled all JV kids and given MBA the region title. I doubt Coach Simpson would even think of this and it was a big win against MBA, and hopefully both teams are up for the challenge this weekend at Clarksville!

BOTW, I read your post on the other thread and had to immediately like you (great minds and all...). And I agree with everyone that NO TEAM in Clarksville will be throwing any matches. Also doubt this was a blind draw with all 1 and 2 teams separated, and with probable overall number 1 and 2 teams separated. But, the Duals shouldn't be a complete blind draw. When you get down to the last eight, somebody is going to have a tough draw.