MBA vs. Notre Dame

yoyo34

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blind draw would only serve to let a team that was not talented enough to reach the finals without having to prove it in the traditional way, beat those seeded higher.

I know the issue is that it is being touted as a blind draw, but even with that said it would be a very poor way to run that tournament.

just my opinion on it.

I repeat from an earlier thread....D2 is NOT a blind draw, nor is it touted as a blind draw. This is directly from the TSSAA Handbook....

2003-04 TSSAA Handbook

Page 4 July 1, 2003

VI. DUAL MEET REGIONAL AND STATE TOURNAMENTS

A. In Division I, each region shall determine a champion by any method the region selects. This shall be determined by the last Saturday in January.

B. In Division II, the East and Middle Regions shall determine their first-, second-, and third-place teams by any method the regions select. The West Region shall determine its first- and second-place teams by any method the region selects. This shall be determined by the last Saturday in January.

C. The Division I winners from each region shall meet on the Friday and Saturday of the first Saturday in February to determine the state dual meet champion. The draw for the tournaments will be released following completion of all region tournaments.

(it specifically mentions a draw)

D. In Division II, the winner, runner-up, and third-place team from the East and Middle Region and the winner and runner-up from the West Region shall meet on the Friday and Saturday of the first Saturday in February to determine the state dual meet champion.

(no mention of a blind draw)

E. No school will be allowed to schedule a wrestling meet or tournament on the dates of the state dual meet championships.

Edited by papbear3

ok, we understand it's not a blind draw, but when will the left side champ be on the opposite side of the center and right side champs? pinu46 has the pattern and it doesn't happen. so...........................is it ok to ask why? and by the way b.o.t.w., i resemble that ignorant remark..................i mean resent! :lol: