Cory Brewer

Hawk17

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its alright, superstars can have bad games. its his averages that really matter, yall might not know the story behind why he scored so few. maybe he was sick or injured, or maybe something happened in his family. its okay he had a bad game, White Station held raymond felton(or rashad mccants, cant remember) to nine points and he's playing pretty well right now at UNC.

Edited by adrn85

Westmoreland did play a Box and 1 and constantly double teamed Brewer when he touched the ball! The game was never in jeapordy for Portland, so brewer never had to take over. He was more excited to see his teamates play well and carry the team for a while! When he got doubled he dished to his teamates and they converted. He showed his maturity, last year he would have forced and scored 30 but last night he proved he wants the team to do well. Besides he has noting else to prove until next year, he has already signed with UF, and everyone in the area should be wishing him luck!!

Sounds like Portland's team played well. Having seen them play only three times, I can't say much about them. However, if they get their guards and post player to shoot well, they can easily go far.

My belief is that since the team was playing well, Portland's coach and Brewer were probably letting the team build their confidence. Nobody could hold Brewer to 4 points unless Brewer allowed them to. Ultimate result is, he affected the game tremendously just with his presence.

He's fun to watch on the court, except when he's beating your team.

Really I can't figure out why hardly anyone is not wishing this guy good luck. I pull for all the players around here when they get out if they go onto play college no matter what team they play for. I can't figure out why everyone is trying to tear him down all the time. He is only the best player that has come out of this area in a long time. We should be wishing him the best of luck, I know I do. As far as what Westmoreland does defensively, I didn't watch the game so its hard for me to comment, but their version of the "Lipscomb defense" looks like some sort of a zone when in fact they are playing man. They just play man with a ton of helpside and they do a good job of forcing you to go places on the court that they want you to go to so you get steered into traps. They execute defensively as well as anyone you will ever see year in and year out. Now if they played box and 1 I don't know. Contact did play basketball at Macon before he moved over to Westmoreland and he watches a ton of basketball and he knows what he is talking about. And I do know that if you ever see Westmoreland play something else other than man then you've seen one of the signs that the world is coming to an end. But also they do like to win over there too so maybe they did play some box. But I'll go with Contact on this one cause he is my boy. Holla!

Whatever, Contact and tennisguy, Just ask someone that was at the game besides me and OldSchool78!

THAY PLAYED A BOX AND 1! It is not rocket science! They didnt want Brewer to beat them and they accomplished that! But they still got beat pretty bad! When they played earler this year it was a 6 point game and Brewer had around 30 against a solid man to man! Dont get me wrong Bonner and Custer are very good players offensively and defensively, but no ONE has held Brewer to less than 25 all year!

Macon Co. played triangle and 2- Brewer 13pts and PHS wins by @ 40

Westmoreland plays Box and 1 - Brewer has 4 and PHS wins by 20

Good post DISS78. I applaude Cory for being unselfish with the ball and finding open teammates. Why in the world would anyone be proud to hold a player to 4 pts. and lose the game, and by 21 pts. Sounds like the box in one strategy worked. No I wouldn't say box in one. I would call it a triangle in two with another chaser on top of that.

Well, i'm gonna move on and stop argueing in a battle that i will never win.. From what i saw we played the same defense that we have played all year.. This isn't the first time that a team has said that we have ran a box and one when we really ran man..(Gordonsville) so Myself and Tennisguy have our beliefs and you have yours... Oh.. Tenniguy, i am moving back to lafayette. Give me a holla and we can go to Hooters...