mj basketball

lpmarlowe

i guess many people were wondering how the lady bears would play after hearing the news that their star player was done for the year. i believe Mt. Juliet loosing to Beech last night was what the doctor ordered. i believe it was a wake up call for these girls and life after alysha. i think the lady bears will bounch back with wins at White House friday and ground out game against central on tuesday night. i believe everyone will step up like the boys team at Mt. Juliet did last year with helton goin down with a knee injury. So this season is far from over in my book it has just begun.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huck,

There is no way to replace a player like Alysha Clark, in ability or her huge heart!

But I do know that the Lady Bears began this season as a team and will end it as a team! They will figure out a way to overcome this situation together. Their strength is not in one individual, but in each other!

PS

I am surprised that you have attended 5 or 6 of MJ's games this season, not being a Mt. Juliet fan or native. Just curious why.

Edited by Allforone

No team in the state loses a Clark and just goes along, business as usual. Major adjustments will be made, and there is nothing but confidence in those making the adjustments. The Mt. Juliet basketball family has seen trouble before and no doubt will see it again. But one thing remains constant, the goal this program shares thoughout the program. The team has always made the team the number one priority. From the young'uns to the seniors, the TEAM is what makes Mt. Juliet respected across the state. This past Saturday night Alysha Clark, Christian Gibson, Miaca Bowman, and Sarah Muniz made a trip to Rutherford County to support the middle school girls basketball team as they played in their conference tournament. It's this basketball family mentality that will help pull the girls though yet another rough spot in the road. Get well, Alysha.

Even though injuries are a part of sports, you always hate to see games or championships decided by someone not being able to play. People across the state know what Mt. Juliet is going through with the loss of a player the caliber of Clark. Those with a true understanding of "sport" will pull for you to get through this even if they are not members of the MJ "family". They should understand they might just be an awkward fall or off balance landing from being in the same situation.

As a player, I wanted to face the other team "at their best". That way, if my team won, I could say we were better, not just fortunate not to see them at their best.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Miss Clark.

I am surprised that you have attended 5 or 6 of MJ's games this season, not being a Mt. Juliet fan or native. Just curious why.

I just like Chris and John, so I go watch them. It's a drive up there, but it's usually worth it and she (Clark) is an incredible player. I've been to a bunch of play days summer and fall and a couple of away games! I get around the state a bunch, but I'll be surprised to see Mt Juliet in the state tournament just like Bradley without Buckelew. I promise you this though..I've seen crazy things happen!

I wish the best for MJ for the remaining year. I am routing for you to win the state. I know Alysha, and what she brings to the court. She is one of very few that play at her level. MJ will feel the loss.

The fall has more of an impact than just MJ. Team Pride was looking forward to her contribution as well.

AC...we are praying for you and hope you have a speedy recovery...but please recover fully first. Your health is the most important thing!

Ask Alysha how it happened. Ask Coach Fryer what he saw on tape. He was quoted in the local paper on how ugly it looked when he watched it. Both will tell you that when she came down her knee buckled causing the bone to some what jam up into her hip socket. Yes I was there and intially thought she was injured in the fall at half court but that is not correct.