High School or All-Star?

ballplayer12

I am considering not trying out for my high school's cheerleading team my senior year. I have been a member since I was a freshman. (I am a junior now) Does anyone know what would look better for college applications, a non-competitive high school team for four years, or three years high school plus one year more competitive All-Star squad? I am worried that it will look like I am a quitter if I do not stick to my high school squad for a full four years. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Well I am a Junior and I have been cheering on my high school squad since I was a freshman, I have been on an all-star squad for 6 years, and from seeing teammates graduating and going on to cheer in college I would have to say that the 2nd option would be your best bet. Either one I am sure would be very impressive, but with school cheering and allstar cheering experience that shows you have the traditional cheerleading skills like actual cheering, motions, spirit, etc. plus the competitive skills like tumbling, stunting, etc. That shows that you are a well rounded cheerleader and not strictly a sideline cheerleader or a cometition cheerleader. If you are planning on trying out for a Co-Ed squad in college I would definitely consider a Co-Ed Allstar squad as many colleges require you to have previous Co-Ed experience to try out and a lot of high schools don't have Co-Ed squads. Hope I have helped! :blink:

I am a senior cheerleader and totally know where you are coming from. When I was a junior I realized I wanted to cheer college but knew that my highschool squad wasnt enough. I started taking a tumbling class at an all-star gym to work on my full and was asked to cheer on their senior team. Soo, now I'm in my senior year and I am cheering on my highschool team and this all-star team. I like this way even though it can be stressful at times, but this way you don't feel like you are letting your highschool team down and you are still getting the experience you need. :P

• 2 weeks later...