Lipscomb @ Goodpasture

hsfball

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great game, Goodpasture came out and threw a 1-3 zone with a man chasing McPherson on Lipscomb that they have never seen before. It worked well the first half. After Lipscomb adjusted at half they came back and Goodpasture clinged to a small lead until late in the fourth when Lipscomb took the lead. Well everyone knows how it ends. Congrats to Goodpasture, it is always a close game when these teams play each other. I have a lot o respect for all of Goodpasture's players except Mr. Daniels and that is just because of the lack of sportsmanship he showed the past two times we played him. I understand the fans storming the court and the team celebrating for a minute then shaking hands like the other Goodpasture players. But when you foul out, lay on the floor, taunt the other teams fans, then do it again at the end o the game and not shake hands, you need to be taught how to win with class. Other than that GREAT game and good luck to Goodpasture the rest of the way.

Great game. Mantlo was so close,but he needed about half a second more. Goodpasture finally beat DL. And any 8AA team could beat Goodpasture besides macon but that is beside the point. In the first half DL shot at least 6-8 threes that went in and out. They just couldnt get some shots to fall, but once they did in the second half it re-energized the crowd and they went on a run. Daniel was a little nuts when he put on his show after he fouled out. He fell down, got up, quieted the crowd for some reason???, and then goes to talk to the ref. All of that was unnecessary. The Goodpasture students were terrible. They weren't very active, and DL students had them outnumbered 3 or 4-1. Good Luck to the mustangs at Station Camp and the return of Hopkins.

Edited by hsfball

It sounds to me like Mr. Daniel needs to catch a cut block right below the kneecaps. Fake a fall and roll your shoulder and body right through the legs. Works well, i promise. :D

With the way things are in 8AA, i think this could give Lipscomb a push (even though they lost) to make a nice run before district tourney time. Hopefully Hopkins will return soon and they can get everything back together before season's end.

Edited by Big48Eagle

hey bigAsports im pretty sure i know who you are and i was wondering if u were at that game? So skip give me an e-mail lets talk.

thebigasports@yahoo.com

Nope I missed this one. I was on my way and then it happened. My wife reminded me that we were going to that movie, she hold told me about earlier in the week. O" honey, yes I was putting on my jacket to take you to the movies, I promise. Seriously, I went and saw "Miracle" and it was fantastic. But I made a few calls to check the score throughout the game.

Goodpasture played great D and I commend them on their efforts. I got respect for all the players on their team except Daniels. Chill out buddy and u will be alot better player in college and maybe help you're team more this year. I guess if it is snowing outside then u can make a snow angel at half court when u foul out. That was embarrasing. Craig played great D all nite.

Mrs. Craig-

Sorry I didnt get on here early or I would have taken you up on your offer. thanks alot. It has been fun and I will miss playing yall. Good luck the rest of the season. I hope yall make it to state b/c you should with 6'8 and 6'11.

Did someone get on here and talk about Dever playin good against Lipscomb. I sure hope not cause he didnt do anything.

great game by both teams, lipscomb came out good in the third by cutting the lead to 2. i agree that Daniel needs to chill out, he should start playing like the soph. post Frey. Frey is big, quick, and has touch. he's better than Daniels is (trust me i had to guard both of them) because he moves rather than standing and waiting.

It was a great game, as it always is with Lipscomb. Last time it went their way and this time it went ours. Everyone got their money's worth. Brent and Trent showed me, and I hope the rest of you, what this is really all about...healthy, fun rivalries, intense competition, and good sportsmanship. I appreciate everyone who notices each individual player's efforts, not just dislikes a team for certain players who act certain ways, because they don't necessarily represent the whole team. Lipscomb has great fan support, and I agree there were more of them and they were more vocal than ours. Keep that up as you go toward the end, because that indeed helps the players step it up. I don't know...I guess we don't play an exciting enough brand of basketball to get them fired up. We'll keep trying! Anyway, fellow C of C school...best of luck to you all!!! P.S. Brent, where do you think you'll go to school next year?