State's Best?

Imrightyourewrong

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think MUS is gonna have the best attack coming back. #8 from last year looked very good at X. In goal, David Reagan is starting for the third straight season and I am expecting to see big things out of him. Brakebill is definately the best midfielder in the league but one man can only do so much (just ask Matt Macintosh or Brad Coker). I think McCallie lost to much on attack and defense but we'll see.

my take:

1. MUS - Coach Dent always has his club ready when the playoffs roll around

2. McCallie - Whole bunch of speed coming back

3. MBA - Lost some really great seniors, many who started 4 years, but Reagan will lead from the goal and Burns and Carroland are ready to break out.

4. Webb - The program seems to get better every year. Jennings is gone but they are extremely well coached.

from here on out will be a battle

I think MUS is gonna have the best attack coming back. #8 from last year looked very good at X. In goal, David Reagan is starting for the third straight season and I am expecting to see big things out of him. Brakebill is definately the best midfielder in the league but one man can only do so much (just ask Matt Macintosh or Brad Coker). I think McCallie lost to much on attack and defense but we'll see.

my take:

1. MUS - Coach Dent always has his club ready when the playoffs roll around

2. McCallie - Whole bunch of speed coming back

3. MBA - Lost some really great seniors, many who started 4 years, but Reagan will lead from the goal and Burns and Carroland are ready to break out.

4. Webb - The program seems to get better every year. Jennings is gone but they are extremely well coached.

from here on out will be a battle

I agree, Reagan is tops in state. I've played against him for three years and yet to score on him. The best I've gotten is a shot goin off his leg and rolling across the line but the ref didn't see it and called it a save, it was questionable but it was a heck of a save so he deserved it. Is Gillespie back at MUS? He is a solid attackmen. Couple comments and changing in your rankings.

1.McCallie is returning many key players

2.MUS lost alot in losing Farmer

3.MBA is recovering, solid midfield and goalie but is that enough?

4.Farragut has a ton of new talent from transfers, the only question is will they play as a team?

5.USN has solid coaching and talent, I saw them in a fall tourney and they played quite well

6.Christian Brothers year-in and year-out has decent teams. Not too familiar with them this year

7.Webb lost Jennings...and Alexander. They return Abernathy but he is no where close to the player Jennings was they have a lack of depth and it will show

8.Father Ryan is a program who would probably lose to DII Franklin/Centennial who is actually fairly talented on their first lines

Brentwood is gonna come out strong with new staff of former college players( Airforce, Hamilton, Kenyon, Korean National Team-played in World Cup in Australia in 2002). Defense will be strong with all returning starters and very athletic Long poles(Anthony Montileon, Johnathon Fredi, Tyler Heath, Jack Parks, Kevin Schuchard). Offense has 2 returning Attackman (Kyle Skiera and Pearson Davis (allstate nominee) after losing All-state Brian Powers (UT) but brother Chris Powers(Junior) will pick up where his brother Chris left off. Middies should be strong with Junior Brian Lillie (summer league allstar MVP14-16) :unsure: ; Seniors Chris Lewis(allstate), Justin Loecher, Ryan Morris, and Taylor Cappadona and Freshman Matt Hayes(Former woodland Middle starter who helped the warriors when the HVAC title last year. Goalie is Vijay (dont ask me to spell his last name :rolleyes: ) will be defending between the pipes. The Brentwood Lacrosse Club will be traveling to Louisville, Ky., March 13-14 for the Louisville Ice Breaker where they will try to hone their skills playing some of the best teams in the nation. Good luck to the Bruins and have a succesfull season.

yea were dII, so farragut will be attending the tourney? all i know is were busting our butts right now and were actually taking things serious this year so hopefully we can turn things around. just bummered we lost so many good players last year but i think we can turn some heads this year

The Louisville Ice Breaker tournament usually features teams like Indian Hill, St. X and Marymout from Ohio, St. X and Louisville Club, USN, CBHS, MBA from TN, some teams from IN, and IL, etc. I've never seen a team from Maryland or New York go, and seriously doubt they would. It's more of a midwest preseason, get out the kinks tournament I think. Still, it features plenty of good players and teams. Also, just because a team is from New York of Maryland, doesn't necessarily mean that they are a great team. There is just as much parity between the really good and the really bad in those state as in any other.

Edited by Redtwin