Miss Basketball Nominations

sportsradiotn

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hensley and Beechboard should get a lot of consideration in Class 2A.. If there's a chance on both of their clubs making it to the Boro, then it makes things even more exciting.. Baird and or Dudley should get some consideration as well from Gibson Co... Baird, a Senior, and Dudley, a sophomore, are part of a Lady Pioneer club that finished 28-0 and ranked #1 for most of this season.. But as most of us know, the rankings don't count when you get to MTSU for state..

But as for the Miss Basketball goes, either one of these Lady Pioneers would be a good choice..

A host of names in 1A, Richardson from Bradford(last year's Miss Basketball) Eason from Scotts Hill, Fuller of Huntingdon, and perhaps one of the Peabody Lady Tide players(last year's state champs) Bobbit, Barnett, .. No one player will stand out on this team with impressive scoring numbers, but that just shows how balanced this club is.. And yes, they are one of the better defensive 1A teams in the entire state.. Something that will carry you far in post-season play..

I haven't seen many 3A clubs in our part of the state, but the Brooks girl who plays at Jackson Northside is a pretty solid guard that is extremely quick defensively..

South Greene beat Pigeon Forge convincingly? Please tell me when that game was played? The first game they beat Pigeon Forge on a last second shot, the second game they beat Pigeon Forge in double-overtime by 3. And I know you'll say well in the second game Brittney Waddel was out, but hey she played in the first game and they only won by 1. I dont call those wins convinvingly, I call a 10+ win convincing.

No one every gives enough credit to district 1AA. I think they have a bunch of young ladies that rank high in my opionion. Well of course mentioned previously, Rikki Baughman, only a junior is a very over rated young lady, but give those seniors in that district some credit. If I had to pick one Miss Basketball from that region, I'd pick none other than Joy Gardner from Hampton High a 5'5 post-to-point player. She averages a double/double in points and rebounds. I think even though her teams not the best in the district that she deserves a lot of credit in which she doesnt recieve. My nomination is to Joy Gardner out of District 1AA from Hampton High School....