Miss Basketball Nominations

sportsradiotn

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though i play for OS and a senior on the guys team. i am going to pick Katrina Beechboard. she's a baller and she's also pretty dang hot. Of course my second pick is laura hall and my third nomination is the big Brooke Johnson.

dont worry Laura i still think you are hot too. even though i thought about taking your name out and putting the sitzlar girl from kingston but i figured you'd be mad enough with me not putting you first!!! j/k!!!

have you people not ever heard of west tn, its on the other side of the tennessee river. there are some great ball players over here and all you east and middle fans seem to forget that it exists. i think that in single A- Richardson from Bradford will be up for, shes a excellent player with no help, in AA- i dunno cause i can imagine that there are some good atheletes from yalls side of the river but i will say that Whitney Baird should be in the runnings, and in AAA i dont have a clue i dont keep up with it that much

Richardson from Bradford is the best all-around Class 1A player I've seen this year. Plus, she's been double-teamed all season long. I'm not talking about when she gets the ball either...sometimes it's the whole game long on every spot of the floor. She still manages to average 24.1 ppg, 8 rpg, 3 apg and 3 spg. Not bad.

I have stated this on the air and still believe that Meredith Richardson is the quickest player with the ball I have seen in several years.

have you people not ever heard of west tn, its on the other side of the tennessee river. there are some great ball players over here and all you east and middle fans seem to forget that it exists. i think that in single A- Richardson from Bradford will be up for, shes a excellent player with no help, in AA- i dunno cause i can imagine that there are some good atheletes from yalls side of the river but i will say that Whitney Baird should be in the runnings, and in AAA i dont have a clue i dont keep up with it that much

I have heard of them, I'm coming to see for myself :D

a little tardy since the voting has already taken place. :rolleyes:

Has the voting taken place or not.

The voting is going on as I type. I have my nomination forms in front of me. They have to be faxed to the TSSAA by Friday, February 20th. They will then be counted and a group of finalists will be determined by a nine member panel in the coming weeks. Those panelists will then vote on the finalists.

Whitney Baird Ain't Nothing And Gibson County May Be Number 1 And Undefeated!

But Not For Long!

I Know Six Teams That Will Knock Them Out Easily!

Seymour LADY EAGLES

Livingston Academy LADY WILDCATS

Oliver Springs LADY BOBCATS

Walker Valley LADY MUSTANGS

JACKSON COUNTY LADY BLUE DEVILS(DEFENDING 4-TIME CHAMPIONS!)

McMinn Central CHARGERETTES

And I Know 8 Players Who Will Beat Whitney Baird Easily!

Livingston Academy'S KATRINA BeechBOARD

Seymour'S BROOKE JOHNSON

Oliver Springs' LAURA HALL

Walker Valley'S MINDY COX

JACKSON COUNTY'S MARISSA HENSLEY

McMinn Central'S FALLON LEE

Loudon'S KATIE SADDIQ

Claiborne COUNTY'S ABBY DEBUSK

And There You Go!

SO GIBSON COUNTY AND WHITNEY BAIRD WATCH OUT YOU UNDEFEATED #1 STATE CONTENDER WANNA-BE'S!

Westmoreland's Sarah Jones is very deserving of a nomination. She was the District 8-A Most Valuable Player last year (in a district with another state tournament team - Friendship Christian - with two players - Friendship's McPherson and Vaughn - that are currently playing college basketball) in helping Westmoreland to a 31-3 record and a berth in the Class A State Tournament. And her team made it to the state tournament in what is perceived to be one of the toughest, if not the toughest, regions in the state with Clarkrange, Celina, Gordonsville and Friendship Christian (all teams that have made multiple state tournament appearances in the last 10 years). This year, she's averaging better than 15 points per game in addition to having moved to point guard. Her team this year is 19-4 after having lost three starters from a year ago, giving her a 50-7 record in two years. Westmoreland has been ranked as high as seventh in Class A and was ranked 10th in the Midstate at one point. She will repeat as the district's most valuable player. She's better than anybody in the Midstate other than Ezell-Harding's Mariska Reed, who is also very deserving of a nomination. She's a great ball-handler, sees the floor and passes well, is a good defender and is just a good athlete period. She's a winner and deserves a nomination.

a little tardy since the voting has already taken place. :justwrestle:

Has the voting taken place or not.

The voting is going on as I type. I have my nomination forms in front of me. They have to be faxed to the TSSAA by Friday, February 20th. They will then be counted and a group of finalists will be determined by a nine member panel in the coming weeks. Those panelists will then vote on the finalists.

Sportsradio,

To whom are the nomination forms sent to, sportswriters in different parts of the state or high school coaches? If a coach did not receive a nomination form, how can he or she obtain one?

Thanks in advance...