Seymour53, Heritage 50

bigeaglefan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a huge win for us!! I am so proud of our girls!! Our assistant coach, Dennis Berrier, was diagnosed with cancer last year and he seems to be so much happier when he's around basketball. Before the game we thought about him a lot and how it would make him so proud if we beat Heritage, and i think that's what pushed us so much. We love coach berrier sooo much and we cant even express that through something as small as a win against a good AAA team. Thanks Big D for all youve done for us, and as a senior, i know that i'll never forget you and what youve done for this team. Youre my inspiration and i'm sure that everyone else feels the same!! love yah!!

I have been to a few games at Seymour and can tell you without a doubt it is not the environment but the players that made the difference.  Seymour is a player friendly gym... plenty of space, not to loud, etc.  Seymour at Heritage more than likely was mental.  Confidence breeds success and success breeds confidence.  Congradulations to the Lady Eagles for making a huge step... continue to dream and work to achieve.

not only have i been to a few games, but ive played in a few games at seymour, and i know from experience that the gym gives the illusion of being cramped, and even more so when it is a full house. im not trying to argue, but your point of view is different from mine, and im just telling u what its like to be surrounded by adversaries while both teams are trying put another W next to their name. Heritage and seymour were pretty evenly matched, and both have a 1-1 record with each other. as for the next time they meet, who knows what the outcome will be...