Duals in Clarksville?

There are alot, and I do mean alot, of people attend the State football championships every year. That is why it makes more money than any other State Championship event.

Would more people attend the state duals if they were held in a college venue? No. Lack of seating is not what is keeping people away. Every year we always hear about all the money wrestling is losing due to the lack of support of our regional and state championships.

David Lipscomb does have a very nice place.

Heck, I don't care where it is held, I just like for us to go back and compete in the darn thing!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are alot, and I do mean alot, of people attend the State football championships every year. That is why it makes more money than any other State Championship event.

Would more people attend the state duals if they were held in a college venue? No. Lack of seating is not what is keeping people away. Every year we always hear about all the money wrestling is losing due to the lack of support of our regional and state championships.

David Lipscomb does have a very nice place.

Heck, I don't care where it is held, I just like for us to go back and compete in the darn thing!

Lauderdale,

Where do you think the best draw for the Championship would be in State?

I think I know the answer.

The problem lies in the fact that certain cities and areas of the state would oppose moving the contest to the biggest fan support area. If this were a business decision, and someone failed to make this financial move, their job would be on the line.

cbg,

I think Lipscomb would love to have the State Duals. They hosted the individual states a few years ago and did an excellent job. Gary Hall was the coach then but is still around.

It will all go back to money. Clarksville High is going to be much cheaper than Allen Arena on the Lipscomb campus. Allen Arena will hold 5000-7000, so there would be ample seating and all the seats are good. Maybe Nashville would be a better destination than Clarksville, certainly the best centralized.

reftn