Duals in Clarksville?

Can anyone explain why the Duals are being held in Clarksville every year? True Clarksville is doing a pretty smooth job of hosting, but why do none of the other schools get a shot at making the money from hosting such a large crowd? And yep, the Traditionals are held at UTC in Chattanooga every year. There fore why does Middle Tennessee not get a shot at hosting the Duals? :D:wacko::P

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about Clarksville doing a good job. I have no problem with Clarksville or it folks that run the tournament. They are very friendly and great hosts! I just wondered why the Duals are always held there instead of another college campus like UTC? This is in no way a slam against Clarksville. I have spent several great weekends there at the duals...Thanks Clarksville! :rolleyes:

Ok, you take it from a place that runs it amazingly well, and to say, Murfreesboro that has never hosted it. So is it worth the price to move it around and continue to train and retrain the organization to get it to run smoothly, only to move it yet again ?

If its not broke.....well, you know the rest.

Until it breaks or Clarksville just gets tired of it.....I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you all back to Montgomery county early February 2005.

reftn

clarksville does an outstanding job, no doubt. But have the state duals outgrown the small gym?? it is a great atmosphere, but try finding a seat. All other TSSAA championship events are held at good venues (football/MTSU-Indy wrestling/UTC-Basketball/MTSU) why not let Clarksville continue to run it but move it to the Dunn center??? or even the little Red Barn if it is still there

What are your thoughts on having the DI and DII tournaments in the same gym? I know other states do it, but they also don't seem to have such an "unfriendly" split either. I personally like being able to see the highest quality of wrestling regardless of divisions (it would suit me just fine to recombine them...never happen), but I also understand that having 16 teams instead of 8 makes the duals and awfully crowded tournament. Is there an answer? Could the tournament be held at Austin Peay, but still run by Clarksville High?

I have to agree the seating is a little crowded during certain (most) matches. When you can't get up and down the steps because people are being forced to sit on them, that could cause a problem. Everything else (attitudes) seemed to be better this year! But seating is not the best. But I guess you can't have everything!