District 4A's Top Honors

kingbrian3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wartburg holds on to 3rd place i think joe layne of Wartburg is coach of the year

the player of the year good question there has not been a dominant player this year ever team has a couple of players they call on the one i think that makes the biggest deference is the boy they call sunshine from Harriman don't like his attitude but he is what makes them go He is hard to press and he can drive to the hole and make thing's happen a good point gard is hard to find

Player of the Year honors will be up for grabs:

Jonathan Vespie- probably means more for his team than anyone else in the District...all around the best true basketball player in the district...

Thomas Davis - most dominating player in the District...but is he the best?

Curtis Thomas - hardest player to guard in the District... probably made the biggest difference on his team this year... but not sure if he is even the best player on his team....

Patrick Davis - another player that is very capable of recieving the MVP honors, but again, not sure if he is the best player on his team.

Brandon Evans - without him, Sunbright would be non-existent.... With him, they have a go to guy, with size and ability... problem lies with getting him enough touches...

Ricky Lowe - Coalfield's floor leader and best player, but not sure if he the caliber of player of the 5 already mentioned.

No one on the Oneida team has stood out, but they are all good players...

Oakdale is struggling for talent this year...but their coach has done a very good job on improving them during the season. They are much better now than at the beginning of the year...

Edited by threeball

Yes, I'm not saying he isn't a good player...he is one of the most athletic players in the District... but I'm just saying that he may not be caliber of players of the ones mentioned ealier...nothing against him...and nothing against Oneida either...they have some good players, but none stand out because of such good team play.

I saw in the paper that Oneida only had two people scored in double digits... 11 & 10 points....the rest were 9's, 8's, 6's, 4's.....they scored 71....so, that says it there, they can rely on many different people to score. They aren't one dimensional, and play good team ball...however, with that, there's not really a dominate player or any real standouts....they all just blend together...which is what a team is suppossed to do.

agreed, it will be hard for Davis from Rockwood to get MVP honors, because of such quality team play...many people have picked up there play for both Oneida/Rockwood...it's hard to pick a MVP on either team. Harriman is close to that but they have 2 guys that really make their team go...Thomas, quickest guard around, and P. Davis, an excellent, athletic big man. Wartburg has 2 guys they rely on, but 1 for the most part.. Jonathan Vespie...and he is probably the best TRUE basketball player in the district...so i guess, by process of elimination, J. Vespie might be MVP.... Joe Layne may be coach of the year as well......

Rockwood went to Coalfield and picked up a big district win Tues. night. Rockwood now has 1st place in the district tourny locked but, could still possibly share the regular season title. If Wartburg beats Rockwood tomorrow night and Harriman beats Onieda then they(Rockwood & Harriman) would share the regular season title. And as for the player and coach of the year. The player of the year, you cant tell me that some one person stands out in this district, so it's up for grabs. And coach of the year, it could be a couple but, Coach K from Rockwood is an excellant coach and his team is starting to stand out.

My predictions for region:

1-Rockwood

2-Harriman

3-Onieda

4-Coalfield

Wartburg has a good team but, they have no big man. And they live and die w/ the 3 and that is why they are not in my 4.

Coalfield's coach is Ronnie Wilson.

IMO, the Player of the Year and Coach of the Year honors should never be given until after the district tournament. Especially this year, 'cause it's shaping up to be an interesting tournament!

Looking forward to it,

---rSquared

rSquared you are right you can't give it out before the end of the season...but We don't give it out so we can guess. LOL