Best Coaches

TribeBall

If you want to talk about best coaches then you need to look no further than the coach at McMinn county Bob Williams. He does not have the talent of these other so called best coaches Insell and others but his teams are always at the top of the division and heck last year they were playing in Murfeesboro. I guess the best coach is defined different ways to different people. I think a best coach is someone who gets the best out of players who don't have the greatest of abilities and that is what Coach Bob does. Anyone could win if they had 8 all americans on the team.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want the best Basketball Coach in McMinn County, or all of East Tennessee for that matter, goto McMinn Central where you will find Coach Johnny Morgan, who did lose to Cleveland the other night by a large sum, but, to compensate, has beat some very good quality teams such as Walker Valley Twice, McMinn, with ease, Twice, as well as Austin-East, and just a one point loss in overtime to Livingston Academy.

Not as much to pick from ,Not as physical , always in the hunt. Gleason's Randy Frazier.If he had the bodies of a Trenton or Huntington his team would be untouchable. ;) One 6 footer in 18 years. two Golds and a Silver . The last Gold with 5'8" as biggest player.She was not a post.

Edited by betron

I could not agree more betron!

Consistenty Gleason is undersized, yet they continue to win games. As David Russell put it on Saturday- Randy Frazier is the only coach that can take a group of 5'6" girls and beat you. He teaches Gleason girls how to play the game- they are disciplined and fundamental. He truly makes the game become an art. It would be scary to see him coach a team with a couple of six footers because he is a master at the post game. Oh yeah, and those girls can shoot the 3!

John Wild Lawrence Co High School only coach in the state to win both a boys and girls state championship.

We are so lucky at Lawrence Co to have not only an outstanding coach but a coach that is a role model to these kids.

I would not trade him for any other coach in the state.

A role model to the kids. You have got to be kidding.