Lake Co. @ Greenfield

jvaughan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenfield won 64-58. Lake Co. led for a lot of the game, and even built a lead of around 10 at one point. The dunk turned the game around though. Brandon came in from the left side of the lane and there were three defenders there, one planted ready to take a charge, but Brandon pulled up pretty quick - I actually thought he was going to finger roll it in - and the guy started falling too soon. Then Brandon reached back and one-handed it. It was nice. It reminded me of the dunk James Avery of Lake Co. had a few years back in the region tourney at Dresden (I can't remember who they were playing). If anyone else saw it, you'll remember it.

Brandon had a great game, as did Jeremy and Clint. All three scored a lot of points. Thomas played a good game, coming up with his usual big plays due to his hustle, and Jim Tucker played great. He played solid defense on the big man for Lake Co. (#40), and had a couple of big baskets. Brett and Daniel were both a little off of their games tonight, although Daniel did have a nice shot fake and drive for a lay-up. Greenfield outrebounded Lake Co. 27-20, by the way. And they played great defense, particularly from the middle of the 3rd quarter to the end of the game.

Great game for the seniors - Clint, Thomas, and Jim - in their final home game.

Greenfield never made a 3 point shot and took several early.  Clint made all as in everyone of his points on driving layups.  Tucker played his best game.  Shane showed how he can turn a game around by himself.

No, he made most of his points on driving layups, he did hit a few pull-up jumpers at the free throw line.

Edited by ifiruledtheworld

The real question is: will NWhoopaholic mention "nacho cheese" in the broadcast? He has woven it in so many times that Robin Cude now does it during Milan games. But who can blame them, everything's a little better with "nacho cheese" on it.

Nacho cheese??????Who've you guys been listening to? I may be "cheesy" but I don't recall nacho references. Maybe that was Big Brother.

Nacho cheese??????Who've you guys been listening to? I may be "cheesy" but I don't recall nacho references. Maybe that was Big Brother.

I quote from an earlier game this season...

Big Brother: "They even put nacho cheese on the popcorn here at Dresden."

NWhoopaholic: "Nacho cheese is good on everything."

There on a November night in 2003 at Dresden High School started a following of media folks listening to different announcers to see how many actually mention "nacho cheese" in their broadcasts. It's more than you think. Most of us do like the nacho variety.

Just having a little fun.

Okay, we'll stick to the LC/Greenfield game.

I've seen all of the Class 1A teams in Districts 15 & 16 this season and have to say that Greenfield and Halls are the contenders for the Region 8A title. But, Lake County has proven that they can play the big game and have to be in the mix...along with South Fulton, Dresden and Peabody.

For Lake County to play Greenfield close at "The Nest" is quite an accomplishment.

One of the above will have to play well on Peabody's home court to take the Region title. It will be a great tournament with that many teams capable of winning on any given night...instead of year's past when it's been mainly 2 to 3 teams ruling the Region.

I quote from an earlier game this season...

Big Brother:  "They even put nacho cheese on the popcorn here at Dresden."

NWhoopaholic:  "Nacho cheese is good on everything."

There on a November night in 2003 at Dresden High School started a following of media folks listening to different announcers to see how many actually mention "nacho cheese" in their broadcasts.  It's more than you think.  Most of us do like the nacho variety.

Just having a little fun.

Yes, I do recall that exchange. Did not realize I'd moved into the annals of broadcasters pop culture. If that's the case I want trademark rights. Cude you can't use it anymore without paying me! Lord knows I'm not getting enough as it is!

Seriously about the game, Lake County played well but had some foul difficulties. Bottom line was Brandon Shane just went off as he's capable of and took over the game for a period of time before LC knew what hit them. He is capable of being one of the most dominant Class A players I've seen in my 25 years of broadcasting. (Yes, this is my anniversary season & monetary gifts of recognition are appreciated.) Greenfield went from a halfcourt offense to a Brandon:Create Something offense and put them over the hump.

I told Bret to take good care of you next week in T'Ville.