Why Students Shouldn't Celebrate on the Court...

MaryvilleRebels

Actually to start...I got into UK, on an acting scholarship, but my parents refused to let me go on the notion that I would hate being so far away from home. Secondly...I covered the UK/UT thing with the UT/UF, Kentucky hasn't beaten UT in 20 years or so, still every year we expect that we are going to keep it close and have a chance. We go out there and put 60,000 fans in the stands and if we do upset UT we will rush the field, because we are Kentucky, we haven't beaten a top 25 team in the SEC in like 20 years or so, its a little bigger deal than, "Hey we beat Florida again this year, lets celebrate!" UT basketball is not that bad, they contend in the SEC, UK football on the other hand, does not contend too much in the SEC. My point is, maybe your fans should go in expecting to win a game and your players will play like they expect to win the game?! Also, Kentucky is expected to win every game, its a mentality of players, coaches, and fans. Not to mention that Kentucky has played one of the toughest schedules in the nation, probably about the 3rd hardest and yet, they only have a grand total of 2 losses. I think they are still a pretty darn good team. Especially considering they have a short bench and no true bigmen. That tells you that Tubby is one heck of a coach and Kentucky is one heck of a team.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wait until Maryvilles team gets a big wina nd they rush the court..his views will change....

there is nothing wrong with rushing the court..UT was celebrating a big win...they should rush the court...you see duke, uconn, and alot of other teams crowd rush the court and nothing is said so please just drop it..UT deserved the win if you like or not omg

Got into UK on an acting scholarship!! I won't even go there too easy. Anyway UT's fans do expected to win during basketball season, it is just we expect the Lady Vols to do the winning. I guess even though we are competitive at times and have had our fair share of success in basketball, yes even against the Mildcats, the team expectations are not the same as they are for the football team. We still enjoy watching the game and really enjoy knocking off a ranked opponent. We really enjoy the victories if they are against the hated gators.

You don't have to worry about UT rushing on the court...atleast not this year, the team can't win for them to do it. LOL...but yes there are some bad things that happen if you do. The game over the weekend when Stanford won and his team and all the fans jumped on him. I was a bit scared for his heath. But If fans just run on and jump up and down..i see that as ok.

Ok when Tiger Woods is rushing the court, it's worth it. :huh:

We're not all drunk at UT games! I've never touched a drop, and most of the people sitting near me in the front row have been sober...heck, you have to be on top of things to be able to grab one of the front row seats!

When we charged the court against Florida, the cops did a very effective job controlling the crowd. They let us run onto the court, but formed a wall in front of Florida's path to the locker room and in front of the UT players. Then they promptly herded us off the court after a few rounds of Rocky Top. By the time the Alma Mater was playing (ah, a beautiful rendition of The Tennessee Waltz), the students were mostly off the playing surface.

When it comes to high school games, however, it becomes much more difficult to manage a joyous throng with only a couple cops and the game administrator. Every precaution should be taken beforehand to ensure that the post-game ruckus is as safe as possible; when the buzzer sounds, it's too late to formulate a crowd-control strategy.

Giles County has been shafted twice of storming the court. Once last year @ the State Tourney finals - we had a 200+ member student section and if one person woulda jumped the gate - they all would have.

And this year up @ Belmont. I'm glad we didn't rush the court, partially because we only had like 15 fans.

Maryvillerebels a Kentucky fan! That explains it. He is gonna be a UT hater. First I am sure if UK won a football game over UT(we know it will never happen just in theory though) I bet they would tear down both goal posts. They were ready to a year ago against LSU but we all know how that turned out!! Enjoy your Tennessee Education, when you graduate maybe you can move back to the bluegrass state and the state IQ will increase!! HA!HA! love to rag on those UK Mildcat fans. Enjoy your BBall while it lasts football will come up soon.

pretty sure this is a BASKETBALL board?

I think that KY should stick to their deep football roots.

As to fans rushing the floor... I am all for it. I highly doubt that a student section would try and kill the team that they are supporting. Yes, someone could get hurt. Yes, a metor could fall and hit a somebody that is being attacked by a shark while that person is winning the lottery. Good odds, eh?

Yea when you get scholarships to act at North Carolina School of the Arts, Maryville College, University of Kentucky, and Western Kentucky I think you are pretty well off. I got those scholarships, but I declined them because of my parents, now I am a pre-law major and will be attending UK in 4 years for law school. I know that other teams do it, but I singeled out Tennessee because I saw them do it and it was stupid, I think that other teams doing it is stupid too. You guys are just mad because someone is attacking your precious vols. Vol fans, what an oxymoron. Funny...today I passed an SUV with 3 power T's on the back and inside was a UNC visor?! Only UT fans, "Well I am a UT football fan and a UNC basketball fan!" I have never heard a UK fan say, "Well I am a fan of another football team because UK stinks at football!" B)