Forrest-54 Moore County-52

MaCBob

Great game!! Game winning shot went in with like .6 remaining. Couldn't really see what happened but Jenkins shot an airball, MC got the board and then I saw the ball go up and in the Basket. Then I saw the refs run into there room. SO must have been a foul not called. The sucked pretty much all game for both sides.

What happened is that Shankle just took over the game. That's pretty much what happened. On the last play, Jenkins shot and missed off the rim, Moore Co. got the rebound, Shcnapp and Shankle trapped in the corner and knocked the ball loose. Then Shankle got the ball and hit the game winner with about .5 seconds left. Great game to two great teams. Moore Co. is very tough and I look for them to make it to the D11A finals. It will be a great tourney.

I was at the game last nite also and it was a very good game. Both teams played really hard and both should make it to the Region tourney. I'm not from Moore Co or Chapel Hill and as a neutral observer, I thought the officiating was very good. It was a young crew calling a big district game and they did a fine job and they will only get better. I couldn't tell if a foul was commited at the end when Forrest stole the ball and scored, but I know good officials don't call many fouls in the last few seconds, unless its very obvious, because they don't want to decide the game. They would rather let the players decide it. I'm sure these two teams will meet again and if they do, it should be another great game. Good luck to both teams.

Sounds like a great game. Wish I had of been there. An interesting thing about officiating this year that I have noticed is that some games are called for every picky foul that there is, and some games let the kids play. What I have found out, is that the games that let them play are officiated by refs that mainly do college games, but are TSSAA refs also. I, myself, like those games better. The worst games are when you get those refs that you also see Saturday mornings doing Junior Pro games!