Temple vs. CPA (Saturday) -- Predictions?

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had any idea that my statement about Anderson would turn into this I wouldnt have said it at all. I was just speaking in general while I was making my prediction on the CPA Temple game. I never said anything bad and there was no reason for everyone to get mad. I think I need to change my name because I cant make any comment anymore without getting talked bad to.

I wasnt trying to start an arugment I was just saying I think Dave Anderson should be considered. Back to the subject though. I seen Temple play last year but I havent seen them play since they lost Wadley and Jake Skogen. I know their bench wasnt too deep last year so this years team cant be that good. I know Caleb Skogen is playing pretty well but one man cant make a team. How did they look aginst CPA the first time you guys played them, I know you all won by a good bit.

they have a lot of quickness but no real posts at all. The freshman skogan is their biggest player and he plays outside and still has some maturing. Caleb skogan runs the team and is a really good ballhandler. Sean wadley looks like he could be a good shooter. I think they are dangerous but if CPA gets it inside they should control the game.

Temple is good enough to beat CPA playing bad if they play good. The first game Skogens got in foul trouble and they are average without him. He is a very good player. It was fairly close at half, but CPA pressured the 3rd quarter, created a lot of havoc and steals, and built up a pretty big lead. Temple scored some baskets late which made the score closer - a 13 point win. The CPA loss was Temple's first loss to a 1A opponent at home in about 3 years.

I believe CPA will win Saturday. They are playing muh better now than they were when they beat Temple the 1st time.

Just heard the McEwen game was rescheduled for next Tuesday at McEwen. Will be fun to see Puckett against tough CPA defense.

JV at 12, VG at 2, and VB around 3:30. As far as predicting the outcome of the game, I think it will depend on the bench of CPA. CPA has to play 4 games in five days starting last night vs FRA, then DCA at home next Friday. Coach Brooks may opt to rest the starters more frequently during the non-district games to save their legs. However, the CPA bench has shown it can play very well, so Lion fans have every reason to remain confident.