East Tn player of the week

bigeaglefan

Do you want to say East Tn Post player of the week then I would completely agree ---- definitely Brooke is the best Post player I 've seen in Tn this year.  She is smooth and very accurate. 

If the game was called a little tighter for both teams, I don't believe Cait would have been hurt in the third quarter when Seymour made their run.

I know that you haven't seen Cait play in every game this year and but  her shooting has been very hot and those long 3s, she been doing that in every game since the Christmas Tournament.  To say that she didn't try too hard top get the ball is more a credit to the Seymour coaches defense and the way the refs "let them play".  Only 2 fouls were called on Seymour in the entire first half. 

To say a kid chokes after leaving a pool of blood on the floor is beyond heartless.  Her coach said that Cait didn't even remember some of the plays in the 4th qtr because she was out of it. 

Still didn't answer - How come Brooke is not going to a D1 school?

First, Seymour did not make their run when Cait went out. They had already cut it to 2, she went out for 2 minutes. When she came abck in the game was tied. So no, I wouldnt say they made their run when she was out. Yeah, 2 fouls in the first half, but like we said the run was made in the 3rd and Cait scored 0 in the third. Also, I dont believe she was hardly that bad off. She didnt lose that much blood, and she was too aware and attentive in the game to not remember any plays. We spoke to Cait after the game, and she seemed fine. I wasnt trying to take anything away from Cait. She probably has the most natural talent and ability in TN. She is an incredible player and has an even better attitude. As for you attacking Brooke over not going D1, do you really think that Mcmahan is going to do anything D1 at what, 5'6".

Well, Heritage was up 40 - 36 with four minutes left in the third. When Cait left the game. Nobody scored much for Heritage in the third quarter - 7 total points. You shoulo read the game story from the Daily Times if you haven't. Don't no how to link. Here it is:

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/155777

You are right about her as a player / excellent attitude. She ended up having to get several stitches. She definitely lost more blood than anyone else that was out there for either team. No excuses but she wasn't the same after that spill but she wanted to go back and play anyhow.

I am not knocking Brooke about playing D1 , just surprised that with her size and ability that some larger programs wouldn't have tried to recruit her. Just curious. I don't think Sade Buly at SD is better than Brooke but she is going to UK.

It funny that you would mention Cait playing D1 - there are plenty of guards 5'5" or 5'6" playing D1 ball. Go to ACC or SEC womans program websites and see for yourself

Height is not the most important thing Heart is and if you know Cait she has the Heart of a competitor.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant help what the daily times says. It might have been 4 points but there was only a little more than 2 minutes left.

As for Caits heart, I agree. She leads her team with her actions. Her game, her heart and her sportmanship.

Not sure why Brooke didnt go D1. My only thought is even though the same stats were there last year, she didnt get much recognition from the media. Plus she didnt play much aau, just yboa with her school team.

To me the only reason that Brooke deserves player of the week more is Seymour got the w. Brooke was able to push her team to a win and Cait wasnt. I think the player that steps up and does what it takes to win should get it.

I thought the player of the week was for the play of the previous ( or last week ). Both are good players and both deserve honors for the tremendous seasons that they are having.

FYI - Current SEC womens rosters contain 12 players 5'6" or shorter - 2 were 5'3". The coaches know what they are looking for and I agree camps and AAU play get you noticed plus your schools winning tradition.

See Ya - I hope you all (Seymour) BEAT the Teddy Bearettes at SC. The message board should light up if that happens.

Hey coachtnIQofzero,

Good to see you know so much - why don't you take "your know it all angry at the world attitude" and go back to the cave you came from!

Hey Sammy this is just some young punk that just got on the website today, he claims to not be a Seymour fan, however all his posts are pro Seymour which tells you he is lieing. He is on another posts talking smack, its obviously some young kid that doesn't know what he's talking about. B)

Ok, let's set the record straight. The score was 40 - 38 when Cait went out of the game. Heritage went up 42- 38 on the next play. There was less than 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Seymour tied the game at 42 as the buzzer sounded. Cait did not start the 4th but came in after less than a minute. Both players are great players and do a lot for their teams. They both have a lot of heart. Cait plays with emotion, Brooke shows no emotion. This does not mean one has more heart than the other. If Brooke played with emotion it would hurt her. She gets a lot of double and triple teams and takes a lot of pushing and shoving and even some cheap shots. If she played with emotion, she would probably get in foul trouble more because she would retaliate against people. Instead she just goes out there and plays her game. She leads by example. Cait plays with a lot of fire in her and you can see it. Again, they are both great players and both lead their teams.

To Sammy, whoever you are. As for Brooke playing D1 in college. She was recruited by D1 schools. She is good enough to play D1, everybody knows that. It is her choice to not play D1. She likes CN and the coach and feels it is a good fit for her. She will get a lot of playing time right from the start. She wanted to stay pretty close to home also. She is very close to her family. Just because good players do not go to D1 schools does not make them any less of a player. They are the ones that have to spend 4 years there, they should play wherever they are happy.

Ok, let's set the record straight. The score was 40 - 38 when Cait went out of the game. Heritage went up 42- 38 on the next play. There was less than 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Seymour tied the game at 42 as the buzzer sounded. Cait did not start the 4th but came in after less than a minute. Both players are great players and do a lot for their teams. They both have a lot of heart. Cait plays with emotion, Brooke shows no emotion. This does not mean one has more heart than the other. If Brooke played with emotion it would hurt her. She gets a lot of double and triple teams and takes a lot of pushing and shoving and even some cheap shots. If she played with emotion, she would probably get in foul trouble more because she would retaliate against people. Instead she just goes out there and plays her game. She leads by example. Cait plays with a lot of fire in her and you can see it. Again, they are both great players and both lead their teams.

To Sammy, whoever you are. As for Brooke playing D1 in college. She was recruited by D1 schools. She is good enough to play D1, everybody knows that. It is her choice to not play D1. She likes CN and the coach and feels it is a good fit for her. She will get a lot of playing time right from the start. She wanted to stay pretty close to home also. She is very close to her family. Just because good players do not go to D1 schools does not make them any less of a player. They are the ones that have to spend 4 years there, they should play wherever they are happy.

I have nothing to do with either school but after reading these posts I have one thing to say. Seymour people are so fragile, ya'll act like Sammy is knocking Brooke, he's not it's quite obvious from his posts, he is just simply asking a question, why didn't she go D-1, he didn't say she isn't good enough to go D-1, I was wondering the same thing so he asked for both of us. I think she is very talented, but I think the main reason she is not going D-1 is due to her lack of quickness, other than that she is excellent.

It has nothing to do with being fragile. I was just answering his question. Like I said, she was recruited by D1, she chose not to go so I suppose they thought she was quick enough. As for being fragile, etsu, you were a little fragile when Seymour beat SC and everybody started attacking your bearettes.

Not really, I gave you guys all the props you deserved, but it just seemed to me that you guys were attacking him just for asking a question. I think Brooke is tremendous, if she doesn't win AA miss basketball there is something wrong with the system. I think that the voting should be based on who helps their team win, and Brooke does exactly that.