gomab2

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Kellen Pickel is the best ive seen but i havent seen Noel Smith so i dont know.

As for NCS they do have some great shooters but just think if McPherson got to shoot as much as they did. I would say David Anderson is one of the best in the midstate though.

speak for yourself man :)

It's tough to say who I'd pick as a top three... It also depends on what you want as a shooter (ie make open shots, create own shot, get shot off quickly, etc)...

Brady Neal of Oakland may be the purest shooter when given any daylight at all. I don't know if the kid ever misses when open...

But, as for my top 3...

Courtney Pigram would have to be one, for a load of reasons. First off, not only is he a great shooter, but he can get his shot off against any defender, something he does better than any other candidate here. 2nd, Pigram has range to 25 feet... Thirdly, Pigram is pure off the dribble, the pass, and the fastbreak as well... Pigram all around is the best shooter in the State to me...

Joseph Bailey, Pickett Co is another pick for me. Bailey has such a pure stroke, and may be the best shooting Jr in the State...

Corey Pfleiger may be my third pick. Pfleiger is very reminicent of a right-handed Josh Goodwin, who now starts for Belmont. Pfleiger, too is consistent with a hand in face and from very deep...

Kellen Pickell is my third pick? I have to go with four. I can't narrow it to three. Pickell is 2nd in the group behind only Pigram in ability to get his shot off, which makes him essential to this list...

Noel Smith is very close. When given any room, Noel is going to knock it down, period... Dang, I forgot about Brent McPherson. McPherson has the DEEPEST range in the state... Brady Neal is right there. Mott's 10 threes put him in the 2nd tier elite group as well... That's a pretty darned good 2nd FOUR!!!

Perhaps you forgot about any of NCS's shooters as well. No offense to McPherson whatsoever as he is a good shooter and overall player, but i believe at least 1 of ours is better. I could be wrong of course, but just check the midstate's 3 pt shots made list.... www.tennessean.com

Yeah, but NCS only shoots 3's. They shoot a lot more than Mcpherson, but they are excellent shooters all around. Space has that form from 25+ feet.

As for NCS they do have some great shooters but just think if McPherson got to shoot as much as they did. I would say David Anderson is one of the best in the midstate though.

Ive seen McPherson against Page where he could not miss and ive also seen him a few other games where he missed quite a few. I wouldnt neccesarily say that he takes any more threes than Skinner, Walker or the Andersons individually, it's just that McPherson is the only player for DL who shoots threes (except for Mantlo and Pharr occasionally). McPherson has a nice stroke and a very quick release, I would also just like to see NCS' shooters get some recognition.