MLK vs. LIPSCOMB

bringingit

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Game is at MLK. Lipscomb played very good game last time these two met. Allowed Johnny Lee to get an open look for a 3 with 5 seconds left in regulation to tie game and send it into overtime, where MLK pulled away.

If it comes down to that again, Lipscomb won't allow that to happen.

Should be a great game. What antics will Doc use to motivate his Royals tonight?

Guest cranberries in my pants

Hello children. I'm back from the mighty muscles of the menacing midget. I had to change my username and computer, but all is good. I will have to say that the Bomb Squad will be in full effect tonight. Johnny Lee better watch out because we will be in his head. I am gonna go with the upset tonight. The mustangs are gonna finish what they couldn't last game in overtime. Lipscomb shooting will have to be on line tonight. Knowing Space and T-mac, I think that the royals are in for a surprise. The team has dealt with sickness all week. Hopefully that will not play a part in the game tonight. Mustangs by 4. I have a feeling doc is gonna need more than a stick to chew on tonight, perhaps a log will do.

Don't have any stats. DL led most of the game. MLK used pressure defense to get close, but a wide open layup by Mantlo but the Mustangs up by 3 with about 15 seconds left. Lipscomb denied MLK an opening and almost stole the ball, knocking it out of bounds with 7 seconds. MLK inbounded the ball and was able to get a loose ball layup, but with only 2 seconds left DL didn't have to inbound the ball as time expired. Tough district!

Great fan interaction by both sides. The Bomb Squad was great!

Guest cranberries in my pants

Hello children once again. The Mustangs played an awesome game tonight. I wish that McPherson and Mantlo were my children. They were about as hot as Dante's Inferno. The game would have been out of reach for the Royals if the Mustangs had limited their turnovers. All in all I thought that the Mustangs fought hard on the glass and down low to keep the MLK big men from scoring too much. Wes had a major part in the game with a monster block, and also the hard work down low. The Bomb Squad was in full effect with those that were there. We could still use a few more people, particularly underclassmen, at the games. We used what we had, though, to the best of our advantage. I was just curious if any MLK students had any input as to what they where doing after the game? A group of guys who did not do a thing the whole game seemed to have walked over to our student section to petiton a fight. They "waved the red cape in front of the bull" but Ken bowed up saying "no sir." Throwing things such as coins, bottles, pencils, etc. is not the most intelligent way to show sportsmanship after a tough loss. I saw one particularly large girl with an aluminum baseball bat. I'm sure she had batting practice afterwards somewhere near by. I guess the Hume-Fogg rejects will just never learn.

Cranberries, I totally agree. The game was hard fought by the players and the fans. Mental Error by MLK when Mantlo went deep for 2 with abut 15 sec left. It is too bad MLK fans didnt have much class in a loss. It was funny how all the huge guys they had didnt cheer all game and then came over and made a fool of themselves. It was also funny how all the smaller people tried to taunt us but made sure they were behind all the huge guys in the front. That is a bunch of Hume-Fogg rejects for ya. MLK got lucky the first time they beat DL and they wont beat them again in district. So to all those MLK fans, I'll see you in Portland, oh wait!, you dont travel to support your team. You didnt even come over when the game was at DL, pretty pathetic.

The MLK mascot was ridiculous. It was so weird to have him basically in our student section the entire game. Well, I guess it made since when on several occasions we heard him say he hoped MLK would lose.

Edited by hsfball

Wait a minute cranberries and hsfball. Let's not make a blanket statement about the MLK fans. I thought that the MLK fans were very supportive and well behaved. Although a small group of their fans did approach our student section, the majority of their fans and ours were just like you...scared something might actually happen. My only problem with the incident was the girl with the bat. However, nothing happened. You kept your cool and the few rowdies went on their way.

Again fan interaction was very good. MLK's fans were dressed up and into the game. They were as effective at getting into our players heads the bomb squad was at in getting into their players heads.

Finally, don't give them a reason to actually travel to the district tournament.

Keep up the good work. We love what ya'll are doing. And don't worry, while Coach Pickens and Ken was holding the front, Kelvin Pennington and I were approaching from the rear. Remember, we got your back.

Great game on both sides, I think Lipscomb is ready to make a run. Huge games from Mantlo and McPherson. Also Pennington was feeling terrible so him playing any was huge. I though the bench play from Robertson and even the freshman Thomas Scott was a key in the win. The Bomb Squad finally got really into it once McPherson hit a three. Lipscomb protected a lead on the road which was huge.

I told Johnny we would see him in districts and he supposedly had a few select words for me. I used to just want to shut down Brewer but I just found a new friend.

Oh and the MLK fans weren't taunting the Bomb Squad they were just cheering for their team and some of there fans told me they weren't being mean they were actually goin to ask all of yall to join them at their school dance following the game. Obviously they didn't get a chance but maybe next time.

Great game by both sides and great fan support.