Loudon vs. LC

kingcrunkhanh

Congratulations to Loudon. It looks like they are starting to play better at the right time. They will make things interesting in the district tournament.

For LC it sounds liek they are setting up for another early exit in the district tournament. It is shame they have the talent, but not the killer instinct. There is one positive for LC, their season will be over in about a week and a half.

Every game I've ever seen has had calls missed both ways, the best teams can play through the adversity most of the time. Loudon won a huge game and Aaron Everett stepped up huge again, he's beginning to be a tremendous asset to Loudon as everyone though he would be earlier on, Everett has turned it on at a great time if he can keep it going through the tourney. Also only three of LC's high quality fans were ejected, and only one flipped the crowd off. Close game throughout that Loudon took late. Good game Loudon.

Guest boomer06

Well L-Town brought the broom out last night with a huge victory. The Redskins are playing great right know and are still improving every game. The help of jr. Aaron Everett with 23 pts. and 19 in the second half help lead the Redskins to their second victory over the Panthers this year. Great job to the Redskins the future looks very promising, and good luck with the rest of the season. Congratulations!!! ;)

Loudon got more calls than they should have, and won the game becuase of it. LC-reprezizzy

Loudon got more calls than they should have, and won the game becuase of it. LC-reprezizzy

Bull. Loudon got more calls than they should have, but they beat LC because they came out to beat somebody's tail and LC didn't. Loudon, like most other teams that have beaten LC this year, comes out to compete. LC just seems to come out to play. Loudon showed intensity on offense and defense throughout the game and it payed off for them in the final score. LC showed very little intensity, which has been their style this year, and it showed for them in the final score.

Talent-wise, as a team I think LC has great potential. Problem is, they too often seem to forget that a basketball game is very different from a game of horse. They don't seem to have the attitude that they may have to knock somebody down to take what they want. They've had that in the recent past with players like Jeremy Massey, Sam Graham, Erik Draper, and Anthony Singleton, but they don't have anybody like that now except Eric Miller, and he only plays part-time.

Check out this stat: LC has attempted 415 free throws to 247 for their opponents. What's that mean? That the ref's are picking on poor ol' LC? Not likely, since that includes home games. What else might it mean? That LC doesn't like to stick their noses in and scrap? That teams have learned that whacking LC takes them out of the game? Hmmm....

Here's something to consider, 2Fast: if you blame the officials, you never, ever get better, 'cause you've got a built-in excuse and you don't have to examine your own performance.

And as an LC fan, I was very embarassed by that "quality fan" flipping off the crowd as he left. Note to Loudon, though: you should be equally embarassed by some of the taunts chanted by your student section. And that sign that the students held up implying that LC can't beat Loudon at anything, including water polo? Let me see, who was district baseball champs last year, and who was 2-and-out in the tournament? Hmmm....

Guest boomer06

yeah LC might have won the district but Loudon is is locked and loaded b/c Everett is not only a good basketball player, but he is better at baseball. He is probably goin to be recruited as one of the top pitchers in the state these next two years. And LC heres a little fact your little second baseman from last year told him yo get 5 mph on his fastball well he did!!!!!

Check out this stat: LC has attempted 415 free throws to 247 for their opponents. What's that mean? That the ref's are picking on poor ol' LC? Not likely, since that includes home games. What else might it mean? That LC doesn't like to stick their noses in and scrap? That teams have learned that whacking LC takes them out of the game? Hmmm....

Your stats are incorrect. You got them from Knoxpreps, and over half of the teams that LC has played doesnt post stats on it. The Free throws shot are probably the same with other schools. Dont always act like you are a know it all, when you cant even give correct info...

"act like you are a know it all"?

Hey, I posted an opinion. I think that's what this board is about.

Or, are you saying that you know it all about the attitudes and motivations of posters on the board? Of course I don't think you are. I wouldn't make an ad hominem comment like that about you.

I don't object to being corrected or to being disagreed with. I did get the stats from Knoxpreps, maybe they're wrong. Sorry. But about the point of my comment: do you see LC as one of those scrappy teams that plays physical basketball? Or do you see them as playing soft sometimes, too?

yeah LC might have won the district but Loudon is is locked and loaded b/c Everett is not only a good basketball player, but he is better at baseball. He is probably goin to be recruited as one of the top pitchers in the state these next two years. And LC heres a little fact your little second baseman from last year told him yo get 5 mph on his fastball well he did!!!!!

I don't disagree that Loudon will be tough this spring. They and Anderson Co may be the early favorites in baseball. LC's got a lot of experienced kids coming back but they lost a lot from last year's team due to graduation (including that little second baseman) and ineligibility. The four kids LC lost usually hit in the 1-5 spots, too, and will be hard to replace.