8AAA

goingdeep

Since the Lady Raiders lost so many seniors & a starting pitcher-How do they stack up in the district this year? They also lost their Head coach-I just wonder if tradition is strong enough in Coffee County to field a strong team. Coffee County is one of the best facilities to take in a game-I hope their strong competitiveness continues. Goingdeep

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New head coach Terry Floyd coached many years at Coffee Co. he diffently knows what Lady Raider pride is and will take this team where it needs to go. The loss of Falon will have an impact I'm sure, but don't count Ashley Sadler out. She stepped up several times last year and got the job done and I'm sure she has worked very hard in the off season and gotten even stronger. They will be adjusting to alot of changes, but I know those seniors are strong leaders and will overcome any adversity they face!! Work hard Lady Raiders and know my blood will always run LADY RAIDER RED!! GATA!!

Thank You Goingdeep. Not for one moment did I think you were trying to start any contraversy. My daughter graduated last year and I just wanted to let our Lady Raiders know that we support them 100% and can't wait for the season to start!! By the way contraversy?And the Lady Raiders? Where in the world would any one get that?? LOL

Coffee County has a lot of questions to answer. They will need big things from returning starters Fleenor and Anderson and breakout years from roll players Jones and Shelton. They potentially have as much hitting as anyone in the midstate, but they will have to prove they can do it night in night out. Everyone knows the real questions will be pitching. Sadler has shown potential, but now has to be the number one. I hear they have several underclassman who should help this spring. I think they need to hit it well early in the spring to get their inexperienced pitching some confidence that they don't have do it all. They have a early preseason test this Friday at home versus Oakland who may hit it better than any team in the state. I'll be hoping they do well all season and hope they can respond to a offseason filled with many questions.

what is the starting line up for coffee county looking like. they only have 2 returning starters so i am interested to see who will win the positions. the struggles for right field and catcher are going to be a difficult one. i heard sain was moved to the outfield from second. how it that going. the outfield should be a good one with jones and shelton. which swanson kid plays where? i can't keep their names straight.

Good Luck Lady Raiders today with your scrimmage against Oakland. The Lady Raiders this year will need to work hard and get things done early in games. There is no doubt in my mind that Coach Floyd will carry on the Lady Raider tradition. Pitching will be the key for the Lady Raiders but Ashlee Sadler is just as good as anyone else and will be able to carry the Lady Raiders along with the others back to the District and Region Tournaments. Good Luck Ladies and work hard!!