Milan

westtn2004state

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for played for Milan as a pitcher. I've graduated and am now playing college ball though. But anyways, I pitched against Crockett Co. last year in a scrimmage. Now I know a scrimmage really doesn't mean anything, but last year they had a good team. They could hit and from what I saw, they had good pitching depth. Now I'm not saying Milan's gonna win or Crockett County's gonna win, cause anything can happen at any given time in baseball. Everyone just needs to calm down about the whole thing and wait til the season rolls around, and then we'll see who beats who. Oh and about the Miles Moore kid......I've seen him pitch, and don't get me wrong, he's a good pitcher with great stuff. But Milan has seen better in the last couple of years. Just to name a few, Philip Utley (JCM....90 mph fastball, good change, nice curve....full ride to Okaloosa-Walton Community College), Tyler Neumann (Chester Co.....High 80s fastball, very good breaking ball), Jeffrey Lykins (Marshall Co.......Mid to High 80s fastball, great curveball, nice change....full ride to Austin Peay University), Brandon Maness (Lexington.....Mid to high 80s fastball, nice curve, and great change....full ride to Vol State Community College), and Steve Sweat (Lexington.....Low 90s fastball, excellent curve, great change.....full ride to Union University). My point here is that all these guys are many times better than Miles Moore, and we ripped everything they threw at us. Just because you throw hard or have good stuff doesn't mean anything when it comes to pitching. We proved that against all of these guys. As a college pitcher, I know that with the velocity on the fastball, and the movement on the breaking ball, you have to be smart in knowing when to throw what pitches. A good pitcher must know how to keep a hitter off balance. And I didn't see that quality in Miles Moore. As for the game between Crockett Co. and Milan, I'll be there. Good luck to Milan this season.

I guess you forgot that Steve Sweat didn't pitch against you when he was at Lexington. Maybe you are thinking about him pitching against you when he as at South Side. I love Steve to death, but he didn't throw low 90's at Lexington. I only heard of him touching 90 one time and that was at North Side. Just clearing things up there. Not a flame, i repeat, not a flame. In 2002, Micah Ketron pitched against you at Lexington in the Regular season, and you beat him 6-5, I think. Landon Wood pitched against you at Milan in the regular season and he beat you something like 10-0. I can find the exact scores if you like. We didn't play in the District Tournament as we finished first and Camden, I believe or it could have been McKenzie, put you out in the losers bracket. In 2001, Brandon Maness pitched against you both times. This thread is getting a little bit ridiculous and I applaud Coach Patterson for talking to his players about making stupid statements on the Internet. Looks like he has some control over his players. And one thing about it, talk all you want...and no matter what is said, the game will be decided on the field and the only thing it will decide is who wins the game. The regular season means nothing, its all about the post season. Baseball is a marathon, and one game doesn't make, or break, your season. Both Lexington and Milan players should know that since they are used to going into the postseason and used to having good season. If you put too much emphasis on one game, it'll bite you hard. I think what the person was trying to say about Moore was that he is a very good pitcher, can keep you off balance because he has command of 3 pitches, and is no where near the pitcher you saw last year. You may beat him, but I bet you won't rip everything he throws up there. I don't have any idea what kind of team Coach Rawson has at Crockett Co. this year, but he does a good job and with Moore on the mound, they have a chance to beat anyone. All this talk is just that...talk.

I guess you forgot that Steve Sweat didn't pitch against you when he was at Lexington. Maybe you are thinking about him pitching against you when he as at South Side. I love Steve to death, but he didn't throw low 90's at Lexington. I only heard of him touching 90 one time and that was at North Side. Just clearing things up there. Not a flame, i repeat, not a flame. In 2002, Micah Ketron pitched against you at Lexington in the Regular season, and you beat him 6-5, I think. Landon Wood pitched against you at Milan in the regular season and he beat you something like 10-0. I can find the exact scores if you like. We didn't play in the District Tournament as we finished first and Camden, I believe or it could have been McKenzie, put you out in the losers bracket. In 2001, Brandon Maness pitched against you both times. This thread is getting a little bit ridiculous and I applaud Coach Patterson for talking to his players about making stupid statements on the Internet. Looks like he has some control over his players. And one thing about it, talk all you want...and no matter what is said, the game will be decided on the field and the only thing it will decide is who wins the game. The regular season means nothing, its all about the post season. Baseball is a marathon, and one game doesn't make, or break, your season. Both Lexington and Milan players should know that since they are used to going into the postseason and used to having good season. If you put too much emphasis on one game, it'll bite you hard. I think what the person was trying to say about Moore was that he is a very good pitcher, can keep you off balance because he has command of 3 pitches, and is no where near the pitcher you saw last year. You may beat him, but I bet you won't rip everything he throws up there. I don't have any idea what kind of team Coach Rawson has at Crockett Co. this year, but he does a good job and with Moore on the mound, they have a chance to beat anyone. All this talk is just that...talk.

Look, I'm not saying Crockett doesn't have a chance of winning with Moore on the mound. Like I said in my last post, he is a good pitcher, but I didn't see him doing well with keeping hitters off balance. He's a predictable pitcher and that will make him easy to hit. That's one thing Milan does well. They study the pitcher for the first two innings and get onto the rhythm that he has produced. That's why Milan has a solid hitting game. I'm not downing Miles in any way. But I'm saying, he could be a 100x better if he could learn to keep hitters off balance. But we'll see how the game goes.....and besides that, how do we even know that Miles will be throwing against Milan????