District 4-AAA

yallalreadyknow248

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I should have my brain tested for going against one of the area's finest prognosticators, ETCoach, ... my gut tells me this:

West over Sevier County

South Doyle over Heritage

WB hits its f.t.'s and nips West

South Doyle pulls the upset and beats Bearden

Maryville knocks off the Gov's (potential for great upset here!)

Farragut gets by South Doyle in a squeaker

Blount continues it's dominance over South Doyle in consolation

Maryville wins the tourney over Farragut

1. MHS 2. FHS 3. WBHS 4. SDHS

BeachVol, not sure I agree about the other region being terrible. I think Oak Ridge and Clinton could make some serious noise in the regionals.

this is the same that i would have picked also....except south doyle and william blount will be a good game

STATEment,

I didn't mean to imply that WB vs SD wouldn't be a good game. I'm sure if they meet up, it will be extremely close. I just worded it the way I did --"Blount continues its dominance"--in case FatJoe was reading the thread.

I don't think their is any team in the district with more overall talent or depth than Farragut. They have a great point guard; talented, athletic wings; some good big men. If they put it all together, they'll be tough. But against William Blount, late in the year, it seemed to me like--with the exception of Gibson--they just weren't real motivated in the second half of the game. Blount kept cutting into the lead and coming back and coming back and they [the Admirals] just never could get fired up to get a stop or two and get the game back under control. If they can play with a fire and with passion and take advantage of their depth and athleticism (Gibson has to get everyone involved) they can win this tournament.

They are gonna have to "D-up" for an entire 4 quarters !!!

STATEment,

I didn't mean to imply that WB vs SD wouldn't be a good game. I'm sure if they meet up, it will be extremely close. I just worded it the way I did --"Blount continues its dominance"--in case FatJoe was reading the thread.

I don't think their is any team in the district with more overall talent or depth than Farragut. They have a great point guard; talented, athletic wings; some good big men. If they put it all together, they'll be tough. But against William Blount, late in the year, it seemed to me like--with the exception of Gibson--they just weren't real motivated in the second half of the game. Blount kept cutting into the lead and coming back and coming back and they [the Admirals] just never could get fired up to get a stop or two and get the game back under control. If they can play with a fire and with passion and take advantage of their depth and athleticism (Gibson has to get everyone involved) they can win this tournament.

They are gonna have to "D-up" for an entire 4 quarters !!!

I was not meaning that you thought it would be a blow out. i was just saying it would be good and that i probably will want to see that one

Predictions

1) Clinton

2) Karns

3) Oak Ridge

4) Powell

1) Maryville

2) Farragut

3) Bearden

4) South Doyle

Regional

Clinton over SD

Bearden over Karns

Oak Ridge over Farragut

Maryville over Powell

........Clinton over Bearden; Maryville over Oak Ridge

1st place-- Maryville over Clinton for substate......

Hey chill, I don't think Bearden and SD can advance--they will play in 2nd round

I jus wanna say that if Chill is right on his one and Maryville holds sub state again for the second year in a row the what a job Rodney Nelson has done with that that, I know they have talent in Tipton and Gaskin but they have three other guys out there that have to hold their own on D and offense, plus the bench...I hope to see them do seomthing that last yrs loaded and stacked (Mr. Humprey and Co.)team was unable to do... go to state