region 5 sportsmanship

forrestrocketfan

we had a guy from forrest wrestling saturday & doing a good job .. guy from fairview kept knocking him off the mat .. into a trash can and in to the tables and this sorry ref did nothing ....his mother even went as far to call our kids mom a ***** this was so uncalled for ... the kid was wrong and so was the ref ... and his mom .. whew shows how much class she had.. true we were all mad .... but we didnt do anything like this ...

just wondering if tssaa can do anything with this ref ... several other coaches watched and knows exactly what happend im not the only one thats upset ..

btw the kid had a concusion .... went to the hospital... ppl were saying nasty things about the situation........ just showed we had more sportmanship ..

Morgan came back to watch the finals .. Sullivan - Kirns ..

That was a great match ....even after getting his knee hurt and his coach wanting him to give up and take 2nd ... he didnt .. He wrestled........ and Won .....

Thats what heart is .... Love of the sport and love of the game ......

Congrats Christopher You finally stood on the Wood as Region Champ .!!!

Good Luck at State ... we all will be there watching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by forrestrocketfan

I was also there and saw the entire match. Yes, words were exchanged by fans, but I do not recall the Fairview Mom saying anything to any of the Forrest parents/fans. She was yelling for/at her son. If someone said that to the Forrest parent, is was not the Fairview wrestler's Mom.

Everytime the whistle blew both wrestlers worked their way to edge and it was there that the momentum got moving and Birch kept getting the move. If the Forrest kid didn't back to the edge of the mat everytime, they would not have gone out of bounds.

Forrest did receive a point the third time they went out of bounds because the Forrest coach kept complaining. I do not believe the Fairview kid was intentionally trying to hurt anyone, he just wanted a chance at the state level.

As far as the ref - he was calling it as he saw it!

At this point in the season, you have to expect agression and roughness - it's wrestling. Kind a like 'rubbing is racing'. Every kid knows that they can tangle with someone stronger, tougher, faster - it's the name of the game.

There were a lot of Fairview fans & parents that were ejected for various reasons, but it was not this wrestler's family.

I wrestled Birch from Fairview twice. The first time i wrestled him the last 30 seconds of the match he slammed me into the mat and i hit my head hard. The ref didnt say anything. The room was spinning and everything. I still won, but when i got done i couldnt walk off the mat hardly, and i had to go to the trainer, i had a mild concussion. They took my blood pressure and it was racing for like ten minutes.

The second match was the consilation finals and the only thing that hapened there was the first period i stood up and he ran me out of bounds a few times and the last time he ran me out i tried to circle in and he pushed me into the trainers table. I won this one too. That is cheap. i think at least

He is a dirty wrestler i think, but yes i dont see anything wrong with it bc it is nothing illegal. It is just unsportsmanlike. That is all there is to it.

Big difference between what we think is wrong and right here

Regardless of where the kid is from ours or anyone elses

theres never reason to be UNSPORTSMAN like in any situation ...

I've been to many matches over the past 5 yrs ... seen alot of crazy mess

alot of parents who even wanted to step out side with a few other parents ..

all i mean to say is some parents need to watch what they say and do ...

I love wrestling ..... And have seen alot of kid fight like crazy on the mat and afterwards walk around and hang out ... which is cool ...

but this kid never said sorry or are you ok or anything i just think he was WRONg his mom was wrong and the rf was too ......

my veiw just expression it is all ... dont wanna argue over anything

btw I have the most intense , agressive wreslter and he has nor would never do anything like this .... even with state on the line !!!!

Love the sport .respect the sport and love the game !!!!!!

btw glove box hope you did well in regions .. dont know where your from or anything but even so ... hope you had a great year

Edited by forrestrocketfan

I watched the match with the fairview kid in it and he did nothing wrong, the kid from forrest couldnt keep his feet on the ground. I think if anything the fairview kid should have done that move 10 more times, if the forrest kid was getting so mad about the move he would have been aggressive or at least he could have tried to counter the move... he didnt do anything except for stall and he deserved to be thrown around like that. All is fair in love and WAR.

I watched closely at the officiating throughout the Region 5 tournament and I found it to be consistent and fair. No obvious trends or problems with any officials.

Having Mara's steady leadership along with the younger talent was healthy- good mix. Steve Craig was excellent. Steve will be a top official in the near future.

I was looking for J. Hodges this weekend; where did he officiate?

Congrats to all officials!!

soms

Edited by Sommers

I saw the match with Fairview and Forrest. Burch from Fairview was just aggresive and the other kid couldnt take it. Wrestling is a sport where u get banged and bruised. Burch did nothing wrong and I agree with Kevin he should have ran the move 10 or 20 more times. That was a match to determine who was going to state and obviously Fairview wanted it alot more than Forrest.

I actually heard the Fairview kid state that he wanted to go over and talk to the Forrest kid after the match when he realized that the young man was hurt. He was afraid to because of what the other kid's parents or coach would say to him. He did feel bad about this kid getting hurt.

Again, I do not think it was intentional - it's just wrestling.

ok all this may be true ... i still think shoving some one in a trash can or a table isnt exactly what i call a move ...

i'll leave this alone now since no one thinks that some how shoving isnt wrong but a move ... never seen a move like that one ... but enough said about it all ..good luck to all region winners and placers ......

love the sport ,respect the sport & love the game !!!!!