Division 1 Finalists/Predictions

SPED

Turner may be 152 runner-up but he was/is over-rated. I will give Chad credit he had a great tournament and wrestled very well when he had to, but the few times I saw him this season he didn't looked very sound. He beat Borneman in a match where I saw Luke puke 2-3 times and didn't look his best. Chad also is majored in the finals by Cody (Science Hill) who in my opinion is a great kid and a better wrestler. Regardless what you might think Mountain he is not deserving of his runner-up crown, but he got the medal and thats what counts. I will say Farragut had a great tournament this year, and I am glad to see Dix win it after seeing him work so hard for so many years.

Just something i saw, Borneman did not puke during his semi finals match that was his quarters match against the Kenwood kid. And he pukes during every match. He did stop for a bloody nose which i think he stopped because he was shocked that Turner was that good. At the end of the Turner/Borneman match Borneman threw a desperate head throw and Turner stepped out of the way. Looks like Turner learned from his mistakes against Guessler. Not deserving of his runner up crown? Turner didn't even want to wrestle this year and he came out because his team needed him to. Not to bad for a kid that didn't even want to be out there! Did Borneman wrestle Cody this year? And if he did what was the score?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gessler (Tullahoma) will give Ty Cody (Science Hill) all he wants in the semi-finals. Who knows maybe we will have a re-match between Borneman (Houston) and

Gessler (Tullahoma).  Turner's Shoulder was injured and he was caught in head throw.

Others to watch in 152

Johnson (Rossview)

Ross (Brentwood)

Chism (Bartlett)

Hebda (Clarksville)

Espinoza (Kenwood)  lost at Bradley. Points 1st week back

Spain (Bradley Central) Lost in overtime! 1st week back.

I think Turner (Farragut) is very over-rated and will not fair well in the tournament.

Sorry, about the 152 Turner issues. This was in response to "millerj" comments on a young man he doesn’t know. Not once but twice he has made classless remarks.

I'm not sure whom he supports but I'm very disappointed in his maturity and the lack of class he has shown. Maybe his actions reflect the place his wrestler finished in the State. :wub:

It would really be disappointed if he were a Houston supporter. I sat in front of the Houston parents at the Bradley Tournament and thought they were a classy group of parents and wrestlers. I even cheered for Borman in the finals at Bradley. Chad was only 1 overtime point away from the finals after being away from the sport for approx. 2 years. Could Chad beat Borman then, No way! He couldn't even go 3 periods.

As U have seen, everyone from around east TN who has been around Chad Turner will tell U he deserved to be there. All his defeats except in the finals were in his 1st couple of week’s back. . No camps, no clinics, just guts.

Good luck to Borman and Gessler next year. They both wrestle hard and deserve to be Champions.

Edited by rigger101

I wrestle(d) for Houston and I know we have the reputation of having fans with class. We do respect Luke's opponents. And also, being close friends with Lucas, I can tell you he also respects his opponents. Sure, he is upset he lost, but he takes nothing away from Turner.

aparently you guys did not watch the gessler-cody match were it was 7 - 5 with 7 seconds left and gessler had to try a desparation shot to try and score and ended up on his back.... somehow cody still got the 5 count but who knows he still won the match no matter what. And yes gessler did pin turner in the first period....and no being out for 3 weeks or however long you ppl say is not an excuse. Just like davis's excuse about haveing mono earlier this year. If you are goin to wrestle don't make excuses. I know about wrestling hurt and you will never hear me using that as an excuse to why i did not win my senior year, but it is why i am not wrestling right now. I don't know if anybody saw the 171 or 189 from forrest go out and wrestle with practically a broken ankle. his leg was taped all the way up and tight he practically had to be carried on to the mat and was carried off by his coaches. he got killed but he did not come off the mat making excuses....in my opinion he is the classiest person in the state.

Did the wrestlers make an excuse? NO! Don't judge these kids, just because someone said something about being sick. They didn't go out on the mat whining about it. That's why we are just now finding out about it.

Besides...

but it is why i am not wrestling right now.

That's an excuse. Did you ever hear or see Davis or Turner saying anything about an excuse? Nope. Take it easy.

aparently you guys did not watch the gessler-cody match were it was 7 - 5 with 7 seconds left and gessler had to try a desparation shot to try and score and ended up on his back.... somehow cody still got the 5 count but who knows he still won the match no matter what.  And yes gessler did pin turner in the first period....and no being out for 3 weeks or however long you ppl say is not an excuse.  Just like davis's excuse about haveing mono earlier this year.  If you are goin to wrestle don't make excuses.  I know about wrestling hurt and you will never hear me using that as an excuse to why i did not win my senior year, but it is why i am not wrestling right now.  I don't know if anybody saw the 171 or 189 from forrest go out and wrestle with practically a broken ankle.  his leg was taped all the way up and tight he practically had to be carried on to the mat and was carried off by his coaches. he got killed but he did not come off the mat making excuses....in my opinion he is the classiest person in the state.

We saw 6 of our young men go out with serious injuries this year. Some requiring surgery. These same injuries would have ended their season, 20 years ago.

Our team had to watch these young men struggle to get back into shape because most of these injures were to knees and feet.

To say missing out on weeks of training is not a reason for not being at your best. Is just silly! It shows that you haven't had to experience that pain of seeing your child or other children struggle to get back to where they where before their injures. No body has taken anything away from your fine wrestler at Tullhoma. Turner learned from his mistakes and was never pinned again and went undefeated after the Father Ryan Tournament. Unfortunately, not all the young men learn from their mistakes. Turner's Record speaks for itself!

By the way, we did watch the match.

Most of the Farragut parents wanted Gessler to Win. Because they figured he would overlook Turner, just like some of your supporters did and Turner would do to him what Borman did. Check his majors and pin record in the Tournament. Bottom line is the best young man won and that was Ty Cody! Good Kid, with great fans.

Edited by rigger101

I am not taking anything away from Turner he did what he had to do to get to the finals. It is just that these parents are making excuses for their kids and they shouldn't be because they are not the ones wrestling.

And Best Of The West. if you had any idea what you are talking about you would not have said a thing. I had had surgery on my shoulder and wrestled with it dislocated for my whole senior season.... i was told by my doctor that i should never have been able to lift my arm much less wrestle. I tried to wrestle in college but i was not helping myself or the team so i had to quit before i really got started. it is not an excuse to why i am not wrestling.