Volunteer Falcons Baseball

CHHS72

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not much of a challenge today at chuckey doak, we beat them like we should have last week. Final score 19-2. Wes and Dano both cranked 2 out one of Dano's was a Grand Slam. Anyhow hitting was great, i dunno the exact number but i would guess we had close to 15 hits, and did a great job of hitting with runners in scoring position. Also and most importantly we did a great job of driving the last nail in the coffin. When we got ahead by 10 we didnt let up and thats what it takes. Defense was sharp tonight with few errors. Cowboy Ty made a great catch in right field. Dano did a great job on the hill and B Flem despite being sick played great as usual, i gotta hand it to him that takes heart to play when ya feel as bad as he did. Hope ya feel better soon flem.

Volunteer 19

Chuckey Doak 2

Unofficial Stats

AB R H BI

Fleming ss 3 3 1 1

Byington p 4 3 3 6

Ja Frazier 1b 3 3 3 2

Bowery cf 3 2 2 2

Berry c 3 0 0 0

Williams cr 0 2 0 0

Green 3b 3 3 2 2

McConnell rf 2 1 1 1

Cross rf 1 0 0 0

Smith dh 3 1 2 2

Eidson 2b

Duncan 2b

Morelock lf 2 1 1 3

Dobbs lf 1 0 0 0

Totals 28 19 15 19

E - Fleming; 2b - Byington, Ja Frazier 2, Green, Smith; HR - Byington 2, Bowery; SB - Ja Frazier.

WP - Byington (1-1)

The Falcons were hitting the ball all over the place today. Byington equaled Bowery's Friday feat by hitting two home runs - one with one on in the third and one with three on in the third, for six runs batted in. I just noticed, both of Byington's HRs were in the same inning.

The game tomorrow is at Daniel Boone.

Not to be argumentative, B Dub, but Wes only hit one home run today. Wes had a walk, a home run, a single and a strike out.

Edited by CHHS72

What constitutes an upset in the minds of the Falcons this early in the year? What teams do you expect to beat everytime out? (please don't answer, every team). I follow you guys on here, but just wandering where you think you stack up in the conference race? Thanks!

Why do you care?

Wondering***

Edited by gooseman

Mr. Truth 2004, I don't know who you are but I think you just want to stir things up to get a smell. Early in the year people go by what they hear or have seen to determine what they consider an "upset". Most of us know that on any given day anyone can beat anyone. Soooo quit trying to stir up something and let people talk baseball.

Getting back to what this thread is about, Tough game Monday, Hink pitched a great game. Holding any team that has been averaging right at 10 runs a game to 1 run is pretty darn good. Robby also pitched a whale of a game, good enough to win if we had got a few more timely hits. We'll get another shot at them later in the year.

Great hitting exhibition Tues. Baseballs were flying everywhere. Could have used some of those Monday. Brandon Fleming I don't know how you even played Tues. because I saw first hand just how sick you were. What a gutsy effort. Glad you are feeling better this morning. Now go out and get the Blazers today!!

GO FALCONS!!!!

Well how about them bats, if we hit this well all year we are going to be tough, bottom line. Great game on the hill by Dobbs. Defense was nice and hitting speaks for itself.

Also CHHS i appologize, wes did only have one dinger yesterday. I stand corrected.

Keep up the good work guys, Lets beat Hampton's redneck bunch tomorrow the same way!

No need to apologize to me. We all get things mixed up sometimes when we do not have anything to refer to. Why do yopu think I keep a book? I would forget from inning to inning if I didn't.

Volunteer 14

Daniel Boone 5

Bart was 4 for 4. As usual the top of the order did most of the damage. Dobbs gave up 10 hits but got the plays when he needed them. He also played a very good defensive game himself.

Hampton is up tomorrow at 4:00.

Remember the Cloudland game has been rescheduled for Monday.

Now, what am I wrong about Pitcher99? Tell me about the Chuckey Doak game again. What was that you said about the home runs? If you are going to attack me then you need to admit when you are wrong.

Edited by CHHS72

Another good outing for the Falcons. A few of our guys are killing the ball and the others are following their lead. Leadership is always a key and we have many that can shoulder the load.

I did not take Mr. Truth's post as a dig, it's his first post, he may be one of us. If you are, welcome to the Falcon thread, Time will tell.

Myself, the folks I have got to know from Hampton have been good people, but I know every team has one or two that will seem to make the whole bunch look bad. I just avoid them and try not to judge the fan base on the bad apples. You folks come on down and dine on some of the finest Brats and hotdogs around.

I can't say enough about our fans, this group may be one of the best I've been around. I hate cry babies. So far we seem to take it like a man and we stomp our own snakes.

See ya on "The Mesa", as these birds bang out the hits.

To answer Truth's question, we are probably in the middle of the conference as I see it now. We can improve that if the pitching starts to come through on a regular basis and if we can keep hitting. When we have not hit our pitching and defense have not been good enough to pull us through. When we hit we can usually overcome pitching and defense to win. That makes us inconsistent. For that reason no loss is an upset and no win is an upset.

The only game where hitting did not overcome poor defense was the first Chuckey Doak game. We lost 15-14.

Edited by CHHS72