Which part of the state has the best teams

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reason why we say west tn not including memphis could be this: memphis is stuck right in the corner of west tn so not as many teams are surrounding memphis like other metro's and so not many teams go into memphis. they have enough teams for like 4 regions(atleast) so why would they want to go out of memphis. the jackson sun has always done their sports teams best of the west (or something like that) but none of the players are from memphis. commecrial appeal does the same except vice-versa

Yeah, it's all the CA can( or will) do to cover so many teams as there are in Memphis. If Jackson carries the best teams outside Memphis in the rest of the west that gives those teams coverage. I can see how that could lead to some misunderstanding. There are six schools close to Memphis( excluding Cordova who will be a city school next year and soon-to-be Arlington) those schools being: Bartlett,Bolton,Collierville,Germantown,and Houston. On average Bartlett usually plays at least one or two Memphis City teams. This year they played three( White Station, Woodale twice, and Memphis Central) Germantown, Houston, and Collierville all play in a district with Memphis Schools. I think the county schools go into the city more than one might think but I'm not sure how things work in a city like Nashville.

oh I know--I was saying those were two of the worst teams in Memphis

Maybe not this year but traditionally

WS, R-E, East, BTW, Kingsbury, Melrose--those are some of the top teams

Wooddale is more middle of the road

Manassas and SouthSide and Northside and Overton are some of the bad teams

I say overall Memphis is much much better than East TN except for BC

Wooddale isn't middle of the road, they're VERY good. Beat Ridgeway by 20 last night.

Sure, they were absolutely terrible two years ago, but they have one of the best young coaches in the state in Thomas Johnson, and they're good enough to play with anybody out there now. They went 21-7, 10-4 in 15-AAA with two losses to The Station, one at Collierville (which baffled me, but they avenged it 55-16), and one at Kirby (avenged 77-49). Their other losses were at Kingsbury, at Sheffield, and to South Gwinnett, Georgia. They swept Ridgeway.

VERY quick turnaround there.

oh I know--I was saying those were two of the worst teams in Memphis

Maybe not this year but traditionally

WS, R-E, East, BTW, Kingsbury, Melrose--those are some of the top teams

Wooddale is more middle of the road

Manassas and SouthSide and Northside and Overton are some of the bad teams

I say overall Memphis is much much better than East TN except for BC

Wooddale isn't middle of the road, they're VERY good. Beat Ridgeway by 20 last night.

Sure, they were absolutely terrible two years ago, but they have one of the best young coaches in the state in Thomas Johnson, and they're good enough to play with anybody out there now. They went 21-7, 10-4 in 15-AAA with two losses to The Station, one at Collierville (which baffled me, but they avenged it 55-16), and one at Kirby (avenged 77-49). Their other losses were at Kingsbury, at Sheffield, and to South Gwinnett, Georgia. They swept Ridgeway.

VERY quick turnaround there.

But Ridgeway is minus Byars. Wooddale is good this year, but notice I said traditionally or something like that

They are having a great year, true. But normally we dont consider them in the upper echelon of Memphis hoops