8-aa

jwhip

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i play both basketball and baseball in this distict and i know it's easily one of the hardest disticts in both. Macon county, Green Brier, David Lipscom, and Portland are all (exept MC) very good at both sports and i think both springfield and hume-fogg will be better this year. Hume-Fogg was terrible last year so i think they will show drastic improvemnet.

Lipscomb baseball should again be solid. The district as a whole(every sport) is more evenly matched than any other in the state. Every sport has at least 5 contenders for a district championship. Watch out for Jason Brock(sp?) at DL once district roles around. He is a transfer from Page High School and will be eligible at districts I believe. Rogers and Lehning will both be back to provide solid seasons not only at the plate but in the field also.

That is how you spell Jason Brock. He wont be eligible until Region Tourney play, of course Lipsomb will have to make it first. If they do make it to region, Lipscomb will be even tougher. Jason is a 6'5" big strong left hander who can throw upper 80's low 90's when he turns it loose. He will be a big time prospect. Lipscombs pitching staff is very deep & very young. If one guy cant throw strikes they have lots to go to. Taylor Merry (soph) looks to be the #1 guy. He was about 6-2 last year as a freshman. There is also another transfer pitcher in the wings from Ezell. Hope he can get eligible in time. He would've been Ezells #2 guy behind Huff.

I also agree that this is a very tough district. You better bring your A game every game to win in this district. Good luck to all teams.

I do not know why everyone is looking over MLK. They beat or hung with every team in the district last year. They also have seven seniors starting with three of them placing All-District honors last year. Moffitt, who signed with Belmont, was consistently clocked in the upper 80s by Belmont in their fall camp. I know because I was there and saw him. Coach Sheaffer and Coach Hatley of MLK know their stuff and will coach a good game. Good luck to the District and I hope everyone plays well.

I agree MLK will compete for the district title this year. Their coaches are solid. Can they win the big game? They dont have a track record of winning big games but this years team that has all of those seniors could be what they need. If I am not mistaken Lipscomb beat up on them pretty good last night in a preseason type mini tournament. Did MLK not throw any of their main guys? I know Lipscomb threw a couple of their main guys & held MLK to 1 run. If I am mistaken please correct me.

yeah i agree tnathletic mlk is a solid team and this is coming from a player form macon co. which we have played them 6 times in the last 2 years and i agree i kno they are solid form playing them that many times. But i did not know moffit threw upper 80s? This summer at white houses wood bat tournament we clocked him at 80 consistently. im not knocking him at all.He is a great pitcher but i was just wondering if he had gained a lot since the summer? or if that game his arm was just hurting or something? Because if he is int he upper 80s now then he is going to be even tougher than last last year.

Edited by kd172001

to twittycanes: MLK played their JV team after the fourth inning against Lipscomb and both pitchers who threw for MLK did not pitch last year. The purpose of MLK's scrimmage was to see who could play where, not necessarily looking for a win.

to kd172001: Moffitt has picked up alot of speed. Belmont clocked him consistently at 86-88 in their camp this past fall. I do also know he played in a Showcase at LSU and they clocked him at 86.

MLK had two other All-District people returning.

Keith Brooks, our leadoff hitter, is stellar with great speed and a good bat. He hit around .350 last year and was the key to our outfield.

Evan Holder, one of our middle infielders, hit .405 last year and pins down the middle positions quite well.

Our 1B, DH, RF, CF, 3B and several pitchers are seniors.

Our DH last year, Aaron Smith, hit .476 with over 60 at bats.

Although MLK has traditionally bit the bullet in big games, with seven seniors this will be MLKs most stable and experienced team ever.

I look forward to competing in the toughest AA district in the state. Good luck to everyone.

What is everyone's bet on the toughest team in the District? ...putting aside everyone thinking it is their own team.

to twittycanes: MLK played their JV team after the fourth inning against Lipscomb and both pitchers who threw for MLK did not pitch last year. The purpose of MLK's scrimmage was to see who could play where, not necessarily looking for a win.

to kd172001: Moffitt has picked up alot of speed. Belmont clocked him consistently at 86-88 in their camp this past fall. I do also know he played in a Showcase at LSU and they clocked him at 86.

MLK had two other All-District people returning.

Keith Brooks, our leadoff hitter, is stellar with great speed and a good bat. He hit around .350 last year and was the key to our outfield.

Evan Holder, one of our middle infielders, hit .405 last year and pins down the middle positions quite well.

Our 1B, DH, RF, CF, 3B and several pitchers are seniors.

Our DH last year, Aaron Smith, hit .476 with over 60 at bats.

Although MLK has traditionally bit the bullet in big games, with seven seniors this will be MLKs most stable and experienced team ever.

I look forward to competing in the toughest AA district in the state. Good luck to everyone.

What is everyone's bet on the toughest team in the District? ...putting aside everyone thinking it is their own team.

Yeah that is what I thought. This little tournament is great to get some young guys some experience. Lipscomb was missing several starters. Where does MLK play thier home games? Cant wait to get district play going.

It is going to be pretty tight b/c since both of MLKs coaches played at Trevecca, Forehand at Trevecca has agreed to let us play our home games there. It is a nice field.....however they scooted the CF fence back to about 400 ft, and you now have to hit it OVER the net in left for a homerun.

Yeah, DL coach said a bunch of people were sick, I did notice they were missing a few players.

• 2 weeks later...