Tournaments this weekend

best_of_the_west

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a tournament this weekend. Tennessee would be good, but we can go to Georgia, Alabama, etc. I've checked the websites, but I can't find any. Please let me know if you know of any. Thanks.

There is an AAU tourney at Cumberland Co. HS. Not sure of times and for what divisions. Coach Lauderdale could help you with that.

Williamson County is hosting a tournament in Franklin, TN on Saturday, February 28th.

No cards are required. $10 per wreslter and $10 per coach.

There will be eight mats, medals for 1st thru 6th and Outstanding Wrestler awards for each age division.

For age divisions, weight classes, registration info and directions email wcwrestlingclub@netzero.com or call (615) 261-1070.

Our AAU Schedule can be found on our new web site www.seaausports.com

Their are two events planned for this weekend: 1 at Cumberland County HS and 1 at Seymour HS. The one at Seymour was originally planned to be held at Alcoa HS but a conflict with HS BB Tourneys forced this one to be moved.

Contact names and times can be found on our web site as well. The entry fee for our Reugular Season Events is $5. An AAU card is $12 and may be purchased on line at www.aausports.org (our national web site)

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Darrel Lauderdale

Our AAU Schedule can be found on our new web site www.seaausports.com

Their are two events planned for this weekend: 1 at Cumberland County HS and 1 at Seymour HS. The one at Seymour was originally planned to be held at Alcoa HS but a conflict with HS BB Tourneys forced this one to be moved.

Contact names and times can be found on our web site as well. The entry fee for our Reugular Season Events is $5. An AAU card is $12 and may be purchased on line at www.aausports.org (our national web site)

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Darrel Lauderdale

Do you need to live in one of the regions to participate in these tournaments? I see that some of them are Invitationals.

Williamson County Wrestling Club

Battle at Franklin

Youth Folkstyle Tournament

Date: Saturday, February 28, 2004

Location: OLD Battle Ground Academy Campus Gyms located at the corner of Everbright Drive and Columbia Avenue (Hwy. 31), Franklin, Tennessee.

Rules: Modified National Federation High School Rules (No riding time, minimum rest between matches and Head-Arm Pinning Combinations with hands locked, will be limited to 15 seconds for 8U, 10U & 12U). Hair code & fingernails will be enforced by referees.

Entry Deadline: Pre-registration only. Entries must be received by February 23, 2004. Must make weight entered. No changes at weigh-in. Mail to WCWC, P.O. Box 1146, Franklin, Tennessee 37065-1146 or fax to (615) 261-1071. Coaches must be pre-registered with teams.

Fee: Pre-registrations only. Entry fee of $10.00 per wrestler. Teams are expected to pay for all wrestlers they submit for entry, not just wrestlers who weigh-in. Wrestlers may enter only one weight class per division. Wrestlers may wrestle-up one division. No moving up after entry deadline. Please pay and enter as a team when possible. Coaches passes: $10.00. Limit 1 coach pass per 8 wrestlers and 5 coach passes per division.

Format: Collegiate Style. Double elimination—Winner of Consolation Bracket may challenge for second. Referee decisions final. All protest to be directed to tournament directors. All age protests must be made before the final match of the first round of wrestling for that particular age group. Birth certificates must be available if requested by tournament directors.

Weights: Must make weight in competition singlet.

8 & Under— Must not be 9 before 9-1-03 (9-1-94/Present) 37, 42, 47, 50 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 95, 105-115 Hwt.

10 & Under— Must not be 11 before 9-1-03 (9-1-92/8-31-94) 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 110, 120, 130-145 Hwt.

12 & Under— Must not be 13 before 9-1-03 (9-1-90/8-31-92) 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 110, 120, 135, 145, 160-175 Hwt.

14 & Under— Must not be 15 before 9-1-03 (9-1-88/8-31-90) 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 115, 125, 135, 145, 155, 170, 190, 220, 250-275 Hwt.

Time Periods: 8U & 10U divisions 1-1-1, including finals. 12U & 14U 1 ½-1 ½-1 ½ including finals. Consolations 1-1-1. Overtime—One minute then 30 second tie breaker if needed.

Awards: Medals 1st thru 6th. Outstanding Wrestler in each division based on the champion with the most fall in the least amount of time (including technical falls).

Schedule: Saturday, February 28, 2004

7:30 – 8:30 am Weigh-in for 8 & Under and 12 & Under

8:45 am Coaches Meeting 8 & Under and 12 & Under

9:15 am Wrestling begins for 8 & Under and 12 & Under

12:30-1:30 pm Weigh-in for 10 & Under and 14 & Under

1:45 pm Coaches Meeting for 10 & Under and 14 & Under

2:00 pm Wrestling begins for 10 & Under and 14 & Under.

Spectator Admission: Adult Tournament Pass: $5.00

Youth Tournament Pass: $2.00

For more information contact Mike or Stephanie Garrett (615) 261-1070 or email wcwrestlingclub@netzero.com

Directions from I-65 in Franklin, TN: Take Exit #65/Highway 96 west toward downtown Franklin. Stay on Hwy. 96 until you come to the Mack Hatcher Parkway. (Fifth traffic light.) Turn left on Mack Hatcher Parkway. Follow Mack Hatcher until it ends at Highway 31/Columbia Ave. (There Is a Tractor Supply Company on your left and cemetery on your right.) Turn right on Hwy. 31. Go through 3 red lights. The first street after the 3rd red light is Everbright Drive, turn left. (You will see the “old” Battle Ground Academy marquis and buildings.) The gym is on your right at the first stop sign on Everbright. Parking is available along Everbright Dr., in front of the BGA buildings and along the roadway behind the gym.

Our AAU Event Format is as follows:

High School: Modified Freestyle

Middle School and below: Folkstyle

You must live within the Regions who have been invited to the event. The reason for the division is simple: our numbers have grown to the point that very few sites have the space/seating to handle 1000 plus wrestlers. @ years ago at Seymour, we had over 800 wrestlers show up to compete. We just do not have the facility to handle that number of athletes. This can make an event very fan unfriendly. That is not one of our goals.

The only time all the Regions will come together to compete will be at the State Tournament at ROane State Community College, and for that one a wrestler needs to qualify at one of the regional events.

I know there is a conflict with our AAU Schedule and the FCI States this year. I would like to work that out to that does not happen in the future. We have kids from FCI wrestle in our events and we have kids go to the FCI event. Having 2 events of this magnitude on the same day, is not good for Tennessee Wrestling.

Darrel Lauderdale