SCOTT CO GIRLS

diamond7

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't all Nancy Braniums fault! she coaches hard and has a good asstant in Scott Cash, they do play hard but personally thier biggist problem is alot of the players get to much coaching at home and at the games. Come on when a player is more ubsessed with looking up in the stands to see what they did wrong other than looking at the sideline where their coaches are, something has to give unfortunatly it's allways the coach that pays the price. Let the coaches do the coaching and the parents be the biggist fans. as for newport, noway, for the rest i don,t know but one thing i can say WAY TO GO BLUE DEVILS.

• 2 weeks later...

shs4ever, I don't think it is going to be Chad Marcum since Mike Davis was rehired as director of schools last week. Mr. Davis is apparently not that fond of Mr. Marcum, for whatever reason I do not know. Coach Marcum applied for the job at Fairview last year and was turned down.

I would say the best bet at this point is Coach Yaden at Fairview, but who knows?

Kendren, I believe she was able to leave on her own terms. I talked to her "feller" the other day and he said that she resigned of her own will. There's no doubt that she is a good coach. . . The Lady Highlanders may not have won a district game this year but they were in every game they played, with the exception of the first game down at Oliver Springs. Heck, they came within 7 or 8 of beating Oliver Springs the second time. No other district team came within like 25 points.

Written word I wouln't bet on that. A year can make a difference. I don't know coach Yaden, but to say that he would be a better choice than Coach Marcum is crazy. You either don't like him yourself or you don't know basketball. I know him very well and I can tell you he does treat his players great(exprience) and he teaches (all) of his players the game. Oh yea, he wins. I also don't think you should be talking negative about him. He wouldn't you. I look on here every day to see if he has been hired yet. We are praying for you coach! Good luck!

WrittenWord, the Fairview job was offered to Coach Marcum, who after considering the move back to Tennessee, decided against it at the time. It would have been a lateral move for him. It sounds like you have some other issues, I agree with shs4ever. I don't know if it is personal against Coach Marcum, but he is an excellent role model and teacher for all kids.