Outstanding Performers at State

Hamm

Guys help me out! Lets recognize the guys who did absolutely incredible at state.

First you gotta take your hat off for Nic Bundy!! I mean who would've thought it?

Kenny Meredith went the entire tournament without surrendering a takedown. (As a matter of fact, the only people to take Kenny down the entire year were Marable and Campbell)

Am I the only person who noticed the performance of Jake Graham (Collierville)! Way to step it up at the big tournament!

Devon Martin from Maplewood also was overlooked by many and had a great tournament.

Chris Baker from Bartlett wrestled great!!

Ty Cody was dominant. I believe he had backpoints in every match at the tournament.

Chris Sullivan's heart was just immeasurable!!

Guys help me out with whoever I left out!

First I would love tocongratulate Dede for what he accomplished as a freshman wrestling at 103 where I surprisingly noticed a lot of seniors.

However, I have to give my personal thanks to one young man who has been an outstanding wreslter in my book for two years. Jeff Mullins of Saint Benedict. Yes he is one of mine and this will be a little biased. Jeff stepped up last year as a first year wrestling junior and became the captain on a team that was essentially the restarting of a program with three completely new coaches. Jeff medaled both years he wrestled taking 6th at 145 in 2003 and 5th at 152 in 2004, both extrememly tough weights. He has been a tremendous leader and I don't know where our program would stand without him. He is an excellent young man, one of the hardest workers I have ever met. Jeff is headed to the Air Force Academy where I am sure that he will prove his leadership abilities once again and do great things for our country. I would also like to thank Jeff for all his guts in pushing through a very aggravating shoulder injury for most of the season, all his coaches recognized what you were going through. I know he periodically checks this board and I hope he sees this because he deserves a little recognition. I know it was a long one but to me this makes him an outstanding person and an outstanding wrestler, turning into such a leader in the time he was given and finding the success he has had. Thank you Jeff.

Coach Garrett House

certainly you must consider ... scott dix, ... of farragut.

Not to knock his performance, and he is an outstanding wrestler, but Dix was ranked #1 and was supposed to win.

Forgive my bias, but I'm plugging for Region 8, but I think Barnett's performance surprised a lot of folks as runner-up to Dix.

And all our other region medalists: Williams, Baker, Hunt, Hannah, Borneman, and Graham had outstanding performances.