4AFAN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A-AA

HERE IS HOW THE EAST FARES.

Speed --Austin-East, Fulton, Carter

Field events--Anderson Co. , Gibbs, Seymour, Elizabethton, Sullivan North, Pigeon-Forge

Distance- Happy Valley, Gibbs,

Mid Distance- Gibbs, Happy Valley, Anderson Co. Carter

Relays sprints- Austin-East, Carter, Fulton, Gibbs, Elizabethton.

Relays mid distance- Gibbs, Carter, Anderson Co. , Happy Valley

This is sort of how last year finished up, and with returning athletes. This is just my opinion.

I may be way off on a few.

Distance Boys and girls is Very strong at walker Valley in A/AA!

I dunno who Hawaiianpunch is, but she's on the head. Ooltewah has some real real fast sprinters like Marcus Williams, Tony Lansden, Ian Marshall and E, Elliott Harris. THese 4 guys make up the 4 X 100 team, our best event. The guys are undefeated this season. We have some of the best relay teams and our boys hurdler, Mobley, can really git r done(even when we set the hurdles too high! Sorry about that buddy) Adam Smith leads the distance team, with a very quick 800 somethin like a 1:50. With the addition of Luke Gawthrop to our 4 by 800 team, we should be strong there as well. Go Big Red!

I dunno who Hawaiianpunch is, but she's on the head. Ooltewah has some real real fast sprinters like Marcus Williams, Tony Lansden, Ian Marshall and E, Elliott Harris. THese 4 guys make up the 4 X 100 team, our best event. The guys are undefeated this season. We have some of the best relay teams and our boys hurdler, Mobley, can really git r done(even when we set the hurdles too high! Sorry about that buddy) Adam Smith leads the distance team, with a very quick 800 somethin like a 1:50. With the addition of Luke Gawthrop to our 4 by 800 team, we should be strong there as well. Go Big Red!

We were at Ooltewah on Tuesday. They do have some awesome sprinters in the relays, But Jared Sharpe burned them all in the 400m.

The distance team isn't that strong at all. Who is Smith and did he run the open 800? Nobody ran ANYWHERE near a 1:50- The winning time was 2:15.

McCallie is the best team when healthy. Bingham by himself is the bestrunner/athelte in the state. McCallie's supporting castr aint that bad as well. Walter Dozier is strong in the 100 and Long Jump. Ifreke Okpokowuruk is a solid shotputter. McCallie's 4x100 team is also quality (if they hold onto the baton). Taylor Cartwright is a very good runner in hurdles while Bingham is nationally ranked. Will Cox is the most underrated sprinter in East TN. Scarbrough and Winston Voight are also solid in the distance runs. McCallie would dominate all competition with Bingham healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

justme, we don't have strong distance b/c all but Smith and Shane Potter are freshmen and not really used to high school track yet. I only ran one year in middle school, and the other three guys had no time between them. and yes, Adam didn't run anywhere near his best time in the Tuesday meet, maily b/c we all ran 4 miles the day before and no one was near their best. also, Sharpe did leave us scratching our heads in the 400, but the one that takes the cake was last night at GPS, the first and second leg of the 4X100 dropped the baton, something I've never seen them do. That was our only hope at the Optimist Relays, either way, Tony and Marcus need to bounce back if were going to have much hope for adding any more victories to our resume.