Teams in East Tn

4AFAN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trkstrzmom:

It's ok about not knowing. Not many people pay a whole lot of attention to the Pentathlon and Decathlon, but they too are very big parts in Track and Field. I know Megan started off the year at TN Tech, but for different reasons she came home after a few weeks there. Not 100% but I think she is at Pellissippi for the remainder of the year. She might run somewhere next year, but that might be difficult after having a year without competition.

I do agree though, having some connections to the WB team this year, I believe they will be competitive on both girls and boys sides. Boys have Brad Walker returning, also with Dustin Anderson. Ronald Osbourne is rumored to be out this year, but I don't know for sure. Girls have Danielle Sampley, but Rachel Craig will be a threat this year in the 400 & 800m. Overall, WB is very well-rounded as usual, and I suspect Coach Frary, Gordon, and Emert will have them prepared for their first meet.

• 2 weeks later...
That's why I ask if Scooter ran. I know the guy that won the 400 at that meet and while he is good, he hasn't been running for long and I didn't think his time was anything exceptional. Thanks

I'm assuming he didn't because I think he can run a better time than that. No offense to the race winner, but Scooter is tough.

overall teams, I dont knwo so much about, but as for individuals, Dobyns-Bennett has 4 or 5 very fast runners, and a strong field team, Chase Flannery is throwin 45 in shot, on a bad day, so, be watchign for him to throw 47 atleast in meets...along with Jermiah Lofton throwing 43 in shot, and than u have Dustin Gaines, and Terrance Maxwell running, both very fast....cant wait to watch the meets...

Roll Tribe

Guest PASSINGGAME1

A-AA

HERE IS HOW THE EAST FARES.

Speed --Austin-East, Fulton, Carter

Field events--Anderson Co. , Gibbs, Seymour, Elizabethton, Sullivan North, Pigeon-Forge

Distance- Happy Valley, Gibbs,

Mid Distance- Gibbs, Happy Valley, Anderson Co. Carter

Relays sprints- Austin-East, Carter, Fulton, Gibbs, Elizabethton.

Relays mid distance- Gibbs, Carter, Anderson Co. , Happy Valley

This is sort of how last year finished up, and with returning athletes. This is just my opinion.

I may be way off on a few.

Morristown West is looking to be strong this year..We have strong distance and sprinters and field people. We have a lot of kids on the team and are looking a lot better than last year. We havent had a really strong team in the past few years and this year we are looking really strong.

Guest PASSINGGAME1

I have always thought that Morristown West had potential. Just could not figure out why they never were competitive in track. Who is coaching now?

Coach Raymond Farmer is our distance coach. Coach Michael Kyle is our Mid-distance coach, and Coach Case is the sprinter and field coach. One of the big reason we havent been real competitive is because we never had the numbers until this year. We had a lot more people come out for track this year, and it doesnt hurt to have all our girls distance runners from Cross Country run track. We did get 3rd at State so that it a big help to the team. And we have a lot of really talented freshmen sprinters come out. Our mid-distnace is coming along...i am a mid-distance runner and we just dont have that many people so we have to pull from the distance a lot, but we have good enough times to make it to the vol track classic so we must be doing something right. We are hoping to get some good results this year.