John Gribble

CoachT junkie

I heard that John walked out on the team in practice last week, and the coaches gave him a chance to come back and join the team, but decieded he was too good to play for Slatten. I know I have had my opinions about Coach Slatten but if this is true then I will stick with him on this one. John should have never walked out on the team especially with Districts right here. I think he is a selfish player and does not play team ball. All he is worried about is his scoring! Sorry Mr. Gribble this is a team sport. And for you to walk out on the boys is just plain selfish and you are not and will not ever be a team player. Try taking up golf.......you are all alone there!!

To the boys that were there against Oakland......we are so proud of you. To the seniors thank you for sticking with it. Everybody knows that you didn't have the best coach in the world (not even in Sparta), and you guys made it. I know my son really enjoyed his years playing and will look back at your friendship as a positive influence on his life. Thank you again and keep you head up. Good luck to next years' Warriors maybe some things will change for the better and you guys can bring glory back to Sparta!!!!

hay'you guys seem to down on slatten ,I can't understand 'I saw him coach ,yes he had some good players 2state champs -and he was a young coach at the time maybe he thinks all teams are /or should be like them .Well every team /year is not the same ,a coach has to know what he has to work with .Sounds like some player/s wanted to showboat ,slatten want have that he wants a team not one or two players /also sounds like some of the backbone of the team stuck in there with him /COACHABLE PLAYERS--good for y'all .I still wish bruce was my sons coach.