Wait until next year!

sly

Which teams will be the top teams in DI and DII next year? Franklin has to be the favorite in DI with their returning state placers. As usual, Bradley and Soddy will be in the hunt as well. I'm not sure about DII but McCallie comes to mind with some very good young wrestlers returning.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sly: I agree with you about McCallie...they'll be stacked next year. They're my pick. Ryan will be a close second. That's not to take away from my Baylor friends, they're always great, but they graduate a few this year and the cupboard will not be quite as full.

Christian Brothers looses a handful...don't know much about MBA, it depends on their JV [!?]. I've also heard of five (5) new D II teams entering the fray next year and don't know anything at all about them. I do hope we do get an infusion of new teams into DII, it'll make the division tougher.

My team looses 2 aces this year, other than that, we're back bay-bee!

Go Irish!

P.S. How long is it till the next match?

My picks are the usual suspects.

DI

-Bradley. Reload better than anyone. First untill someone knocks them off.

-Franklin. Pretty much loaded now and will only get better with a lot of young talent.

-Soddy. Loses a bunch but what they have will be coached up by the end.

-Science Hill. May be a year away from fourth.

-Clarksville. Full house.

-Collierville and Overton. Toss up.

DII

McCallie. Too many horses back

Baylor. Reloads well.

MBA. Very young this year.

The Irish. Ryan loses a lot and Notre Dame has a lot back. I favor the purple by a pint.

CBHS. Tough to replace what they are losing.

As usual, summer work will separate the pack somewhat. I look forward to the day that it's not the usual suspects.

ijtx...well we usually make it to the Cleveland Duals early in the season and I haven't seen the schedule to know if we'll be at the McCallie tournament. First, we'll have to see if we can find 14 to put into a line up!

I need to see if I can get Walkenvol to bring that young one he's got down here so we'll have a tough one in a couple of years.

Well it will be really tough to replace Nick Lukacs. Such a great person and wrestler. And I don't think there will ever be another Kyle Maynard.

I have to admit, I shed more than a few tears after his loss on Saturday. I told myself I would do it, but I couldn't help myself when Coach Ramos got on his knees and gave Kyle a great big hug. It was one of those hugs that lasts a few minutes. It was a very special time. I think the crowd knew it beacuse they rose and gave Kyle a standing ovation. Gosh, it still gets to me. :rolleyes:

I receive a magazine subsription from GNC Health store and the name of the magazine is Physical. My son was flipping through the pages when lo and behold there is a picture of Kyle Maynard on stage being interviewed by former Mr. Olympia Lee Haney with a small article about Kyle. It has been said on here before and I'll say it again. What a GREAT AMBASSADOR for our sport and a GREAT INSPIRATION for all. God Bless you Kyle!

pokey...Kyle had a tough draw (our state is unseeded) and won 3 and lost 2. He won his first, lost his second, won two in consolation round and then of all people wrestled the kid from Parkview (our rival) that he had wrestled several times this year. He fought hard, but came up short.

Heck...even the kid from Parkview hugged him!