Wait until next year!

sly

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This information was in today's ChattanoogaTime/FreePress about returning medalists and qualifiers:

TEAM RM RQ

Ooltewah 0 - 13

Science Hill 0 - 9

Cleveland 1 - 8

Collierville 1 - 7

Hillsboro 1 - 7

Overton 1 - 7

Soddy Daisy 0 - 7

Franklin 5 - 6

Brentwood 1 - 6

Ridgeway 1 - 6

Cookeville 0 - 6

Hixson 0 - 6

Dobyns-Bennett 0 - 6

Clarksville 2 - 5

Farragut 2 - 5

Bradley 2 - 5

East Ridge 1 - 5

Karns 1 - 5

Houston 1 - 5

FRA 0 - 5

Red Bank 0 - 5

RM-Returning Medalists

RQ-Returning Qualifiers

Note- the paper actually had Bradley with only one returning medalist but they forgot about Mark Fuller who was 5th place at 125 in 2003. Fuller was out most of this year with a knee injury but will be back for his senior year next season.

sly...you guys go easy on us. ;)

TEAM        RM  RQ

Collins Hill 5  - 9

Smyrna won't match up well next year with these "country boys" from Collins Hill or any top five schools in Tennessee for that matter, but may be a top twenty team by year end with 10 returning starters. Once again, the team that could challenge anyone is Franklin with the strongest 103 to 160 line up in the state of Tennessee.

This will be interesting and fun to watch. If healthy, I predict The Rebels will break into a 300 point total in state next year with Welder pushing five or more in the finals and another two or three medaling. BC will be in the 200's and back into the 300's the following year under Chad Laxton and all their young talent ripened. The Owls of Ooltewah could be interesting with their new found success and their seasoned coaching staff (Gilbert/Weathers - now are these wrestling names or what?). Science Hill and Collierville will make some noise, along with Cleveland & Clarksville always being in the hunt. Steve Henry, I'm not sure what he'll surprise us all with, but we'll wait and see what blossoms from their Daisy machine. :D

soms

Edited by Sommers

sly...you guys go easy on us. :D

TEAM        RM  RQ

Collins Hill 5  - 9

Smyrna won't match up well next year with these "country boys" from Collins Hill or any top five schools in Tennessee for that matter, but may be a top twenty team by year end with 10 returning starters. Once again, the team that could challenge anyone is Franklin with the strongest 103 to 160 line up in the state of Tennessee.

This will be interesting and fun to watch. If healthy, I predict The Rebels will break into a 300 point total in state next year with Welder pushing five or more in the finals and another two or three medaling. BC will be in the 200's and back into the 300's the following year under Chad Laxton and all their young talent ripened. The Owls of Ooltewah could be interesting with their new found success and their seasoned coaching staff (Gilbert/Weathers - now are these wrestling names or what?). Science Hill and Collierville will make some noise, along with Cleveland & Clarksville always being in the hunt. Steve Henry, I'm not sure what he'll surprise us all with, but we'll wait and see what blossoms from their Daisy machine. :D

soms

Soms,

You mean that Franklin will score over 300 points next year? Wow. Bradley had a very strong team this past year, 5 state champs, 9 medalist and took the entire team to the tournament. Every wrestler advanced in the first round. They still only scored 239.5 points. They did not even break the record.

The record was 3 champs, 7 finalist and 10 placers for 268 points.

For you to throw out there that a team is a 300 plus point potential team only makes it impossible for anyone to take it seriously.

I do agree that Franklin will be strong......but let's keep it real, okay?

sly...you guys go easy on us. :rolleyes:

TEAM        RM  RQ

Collins Hill 5  - 9

This will be interesting and fun to watch. If healthy, I predict The Rebels will break into a 300 point total in state next year with Welder pushing five or more in the finals and another two or three medaling. BC will be in the 200's and back into the 300's the following year under Chad Laxton and all their young talent ripened. The Owls of Ooltewah could be interesting with their new found success and their seasoned coaching staff (Gilbert/Weathers - now are these wrestling names or what?). Science Hill and Collierville will make some noise, along with Cleveland & Clarksville always being in the hunt. Steve Henry, I'm not sure what he'll surprise us all with, but we'll wait and see what blossoms from their Daisy machine. B)

soms

Soms,

You mean that Franklin will score over 300 points next year? Wow. Bradley had a very strong team this past year, 5 state champs, 9 medalist and took the entire team to the tournament. Every wrestler advanced in the first round. They still only scored 239.5 points. They did not even break the record.

The record was 3 champs, 7 finalist and 10 placers for 268 points.

For you to throw out there that a team is a 300 plus point potential team only makes it impossible for anyone to take it seriously.

I do agree that Franklin will be strong......but let's keep it real, okay?

Okay. Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention. :) 200 pt's is more realistic.

soms