why just a little ball skills won't cut it

it'sallovernow

I personally feel that attitude is one of the most important aspects of a player that a coach should look at when choosing a team.

I have seen that the most successful consistent teams are those who have great team cohesion and just have fun doing what they do.  A player who has a negative attitude and doesn't put the team's interest in front of their own will only cause problems on a team.

For me, I'd say attitude is the biggest factor I look for in a good baseball player.

Amen to that Grad, your wise owl fits you well. Good luck with your young Owls this year. :)

Guru tell me something....why is it that you would hang up prints off this site as motivation for you team and tell them that they all should come on here and talk stuff to us...this is a free public website that you are allowed to say almost anything...if you go around and read the wonderful posts your "awsome" players are putting on here you would see how this site is being falsely used...

Hey SCHSbears, first off you know nothing about about what hangs in the clubhouse because you are not in there. Secondly, you know nothing about what was or wasn't told to schs baseball players because you aren't in there. Lastly, by the posts I have read, they are doing nothing different from what you are doing! :rolleyes:

Exactly!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally feel that attitude is one of the most important aspects of a player that a coach should look at when choosing a team.

I have seen that the most successful consistent teams are those who have great team cohesion and just have fun doing what they do.  A player who has a negative attitude and doesn't put the team's interest in front of their own will only cause problems on a team.

For me, I'd say attitude is the biggest factor I look for in a good baseball player.

Amen to that Grad, your wise owl fits you well. Good luck with your young Owls this year. :)

Guru tell me something....why is it that you would hang up prints off this site as motivation for you team and tell them that they all should come on here and talk stuff to us...this is a free public website that you are allowed to say almost anything...if you go around and read the wonderful posts your "awsome" players are putting on here you would see how this site is being falsely used...

Hey SCHSbears, first off you know nothing about about what hangs in the clubhouse because you are not in there. Secondly, you know nothing about what was or wasn't told to schs baseball players because you aren't in there. Lastly, by the posts I have read, they are doing nothing different from what you are doing! :rolleyes:

They are doing nothing different than i am doing......what have you been reading?.....i belive calling someone a lap dog, A## hole, smart A%%, fat, Qu##r, etc..are very well thought coments by the "wonderful" players aren't they?.....if you look at my posts i haven't even gotten close to being vulgar......unlike them....it's obvious were all the class in Sevier Co. comes from...... B)

Edited by schsbears

I think playing for the name across your chest is more important than playing for the name thats on the back of your shirt. Coach Joe Wingate of Ooltewah has a saying: "Give it effort". High school coaches today obviously can point out who has the most talent, the biggest bat, the strongest arm and all that good stuff. But what they mostly look for is EFFORT. I think kids who give it a 150% everytime their on the baseball diamond will get a lot farther in not only baseball, but life as well, than another kid who decides not to give his all and ends up not going anywhere in ANYTHING.

that quote sounds like it came from a movie..... like miracle