Bradley County

Pitino

Can anyone put their finger on what is the problem at Bradley? In my humble opinion, even without Buckalew, they have as many as 4 or 5 college prospects in the line-up. Are they too structured? Are they too tight? Are they scared of messing up? Just what is it? Are they not having fun, and just going through the motions? My suggestion.......Let them play, let them have fun. Back off on the coaching. Girls you don't seem to be having fun.....Lets have some fun. Players flying all over the floor. Play as hard as you can as long as you can, hold your hand up and get some rest, tell me when you're ready to go back in. Hey what do we have to loose. Less coaching and more girls playing and having fun....that is my suggestion.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post deleter

What's the deal STOP deleting topics just because you don’t like what someone has to say,  no names no bad words just you can’t handle the truth.  if you can’t handle criticism you shouldn’t be a moderator.

You are a guest. If you do not like the way we do things, and mostly you have just complained, then check out. As your name suggests, you are not here for positive reasons, anyway.

Can anyone put their finger on what is the problem at Bradley? In my humble opinion, even without Buckalew, they have as many as 4 or 5 college prospects in the line-up. Are they too structured? Are they too tight? Are they scared of messing up? Just what is it? Are they not having fun, and just going through the motions? My suggestion.......Let them play, let them have fun. Back off on the coaching. Girls you don't seem to be having fun.....Lets have some fun. Players flying all over the floor. Play as hard as you can as long as you can, hold your hand up and get some rest, tell me when you're ready to go back in. Hey what do we have to loose. Less coaching and more girls playing and having fun....that is my suggestion.

Injuries & sickness right now along with low moral and not much possitive vibes from the coach, I think is the big problem right now. Harlow has a team of girls, with or without Buckelew that want to go the distance just as bad as he does. We want Buckelew well and Reynolds has a hurt ankle right now. She felt like she wasn't playing up to her potential against McMinn but her ankle was killing her. Harlow is down because of the losses. He needs to realize that the girls are still giving their all. They haven't given up. They need some positive coaching from him and the Bearettes can still pull it together. The Senior leadership we have is strong. Don't count them out yet. I know the Seniors want to finish on top. I agree Pitino....they need to have fun!

Most of the girls are having fun, except that they don't like losing. I agree everyone needs positive reeinforcement, but I think one of the problems with the morale of the team is not with the coaching but with parents not supporting the coach. It is real easy for kids to blame the coaches when they hear their parents blaming him. I think when the Bearettes were winning back in November and December everyone was happy, then they lost Tiffany, lost a few games and suddenly the coaching is being attacked. Bottom line---winning is fun, losing is not. The Bearettes have had some bad luck with injuries, sicknesses, etc. The positive reinforcement needs to come both from coaching and from home. BUT the girls don't need to leave the gym with parents telling them that they played good when they did not, and they don't need to leave the gym with the parents telling them that it was the coaches fault. I know for a fact that that is happening at times. They win as a team, and they lose as a team. (And Pitino, quit trying to stir up trouble again.... haha) Yes, they have good senior leadership, but they also have good coaching leadership. I just think that all the parents and players should be in support of the coaches and the players. There is more negativism coming from away from the bench than there is on the bench. I think that the Bearettes are going to play well in region and be in the finals. Everyone will eb healthy by then and ready to play. Go Bearettes.

Post deleter

What's the deal STOP deleting topics just because you don’t like what someone has to say, no names no bad words just you can’t handle the truth. if you can’t handle criticism you shouldn’t be a moderator.

Be respectful buddy- you wouldn't even be on this website if it wasn't for coacht or the moderaters. Coacht= the man!

Good post Wareagle! I think you all will probably win and go to substate. It will be the Raiders and the Bears in the region finals girls and boys. Some people just don't know when they have it lucky and good. Don't worry there are people that don't like Coach Powell either and I just read on here about some people bashing the coach at Walker Valley and Greeneville and Soddy. It happens all the time. Some people just can't be satisfied and want to cause trouble.