Who's the best goal scorer in east tennessee?

Guest albert

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first of all, Guesswho, I don't know who is "on here" but I do know that for the past few years there have been some guys who have score a lot of goals but when they faced serious competition, they were no threat at all. There are teams in ET that simply don't play high-level competition on a consistent basis during the season and rack up big numbers against under-manned teams. All you have to do is watch these "finishers" against the really good teams and it becomes obvious. If you can't acknowledge that then there is really no sense discussing the matter. No knock against anybody, that's just the way it is.

But for past history, just look at teams like Farragut and Bearden for example. They have gone out of their way to seek out the best competition both in and out of TN since ET doesn't offer an abundance of competitive teams. Herbstrit at Bearden and Doyle and Britcher at Farragut could finish against the best of 'em.

Seldon's post isn't trying to put anybody down ---and I don't think he has a whole lot to do with Meigs Co.'s soccer team (but I may be wrong). He is making the simple and correct observation that really good scorers hit the back of the net in big games against tough opponents. There have been lots of guys in ET who've run up big numbers against weak teams only to do absolutely nothing against the big teams in big games. Very few players consistently score against strong teams. That's all I think he's trying to say. If PSAFOUR says your player is a finisher (which he did in this thread) then that's good enough for me. He obviously sounds like a player to be accounted for when teams plays McMinn Co. McMinn should have a great season this spring. Good luck in your matches.

Well, albert, obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Hoya has it right. I can go play against Green Valley Developmental Center and score 10 goals a half; that doesn't mean I can score against actual athletes. It's all relative. Scoring a hat trick against Meigs County isn't comparable to scoring even a single goal against Bearden or Farragut or Catholic or Baylor or Houston or any strong team.

You need to get out more.

Guest legolas

:justwrestle: I would say that one of the best scorers in Tennessee this year will be Chris Love of the McCallie School. He was I believe the high scorer on the team last year and got little credit for it and has had his hand in 60% of the goals scored by the team this year. He has great feet and his corner kicks are great.

Well, albert, obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Hoya has it right. I can go play against Green Valley Developmental Center and score 10 goals a half; that doesn't mean I can score against actual athletes. It's all relative. Scoring a hat trick against Meigs County isn't comparable to scoring even a single goal against Bearden or Farragut or Catholic or Baylor or Houston or any strong team.

You need to get out more.

Albert doesn't think before he types- dont let it bother you. He is just a good old fashioned die hard Mcminn County fan, and if you bad mouth the school you will hear about it in his posts.

Guesswho, albert doesn't bother me. What I think is funny is that I never mentioned anyone in specific, much less anyone from McMinn. It was just a general statement.

But BTW albert, if you're reading this, just how many goals did your boy score against Farragut last year? Shots on goal?

'Nuff said.