Who's the best goal scorer in east tennessee?

Guest albert

Hey staynskool I think the McMinn schools do play the best teams in the area.

McMinn Central played 6 of the top 10 teams in the Chattanooga area and the Heath kid still scored goals and had plenty of assist. McMinn played at least 3 plus Bearden and Price still scored at least 2 per game.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah... but how many of those 2 per game were in those particular games... theose players could have been racking up ALOT of goals against not so good teams the rest of the season

Forgive me for being skeptical... but when that many players on one team are scoring that many goals... it leaves one to wonder about the competition and how they performed against inferior teams

Edited by stayNskool

Excellent point StaynSkool. Nothing against McMinn Co., I know they have had some very good players over the past few seasons, but their schedule last season was not the hardest one around. The only AAA team they played last season that was good was Farragut. But with that said, you can't blame the players for having to play the teams that were put in front of them.

Ok, i have to say that staynskool did make a great point and whoever said that Jared Price is good at scoring is correct but not against good teams. They had no competition last season, but when they did have a challenge against Farragut i believe the score was 8-0 so obviously he isn't going to score on everyone. It all comes down to the strength of schedule. So don't try to say that he is going to score on Farragut or Bearden or any of those teams until they actually play them. We will see.

albert.. you cannot take that approach... you have to look at it from a different perspective... McMinn is good... and built to pretty much beat decent to slightly better than average schools... but when they play the really good teams they cannot keep pace because of the styl of play which theyve chosen... teams who have the talent to keep possession, and work the ball.. and build a real offensive possession will beat long ball teams every time... 2 of the best goalscorers in east tennessee would have to be Nic Coulter of Soddy (he has good skill but does an excellent job of playing mind games on the defense... until he goes and punches someone) and Jake Dougher of Baylor(great ball skills and a wicked shot)... another of the top players would be Chris Bach of Baylor... for someone so young he really has a goalscoring nack... each of these players can score against any of the best teams in Tennessee

Hate to say it, but I have played against Jared and Andy Slack, not to mention Jeff Hinshaw, and they could not have made the final 4 even with good coaching. Bearden and Farragut have players like that all over the field. Schools like Hendersonville, Clarksville, Blackman, Houston, and Germantown would take their team to the woodshed. They have barely beaten Cleveland in recent years, and trust me cleveland has had nowhere near the talent level to make it deep into the state, although they too have good players Jared McCalpin and David Reaves, but not much depth.

This is a stupid argument about Jared Price. Anyone who has led the Chattanooga area in goals has to be considered one of the best finishers in the area. This is not the best player discussion. Clearly, he can put the ball in the net if given the opportunity. He is however, not near the best player in Chattanooga.

Another good finisher is David Reaves from Cleveland inside the box with the ball he is nearly automatic.