Nick Marable

papbear3

In all the discussion about McCallie's weight classes and weights, there has been little discussion about the fact that Nick Marable won against Spencer Manley. Most on this board did not give him much of a chance against Manley. If you don't believe me, you can look under some of the threads about DII predictions. He is a national champion and now a state champion. It is unfortunate that Spencer had to wrestle up, but that is the way it goes. When Nick won Nationals, there was alot of talk about it being just Cadets (by the way, no one had won that before from Tennessee either) and then it was that he wouldn't win a state championship. I believe the quote was, "the best wrestler never to win a state championship," and that he would have to wait another year. Now, he wins a state championship and people are talking about how Manley was not it the correct weight class and they should not have wrestled. Please, enough, when does the kid get any credit. What does he have to do, win the Olympics?

Chris Lewis

CBHS

Edited by papbear3

In all the discussion about McCallie's weight classes and weights, there has been little discussion about the fact that Nick Marable won against Spencer Manley. Most on this board did not give him much of a chance against Manley. If you don't believe me, you can look under some of the threads about DII predictions. He is a national champion and now a state champion. It is unfortunate that Spencer had to wrestle up, but that is the way it goes. When Nick won Nationals, there was alot of talk about it being just Cadets (by the way, no one had won that before from Tennessee either) and then it was that he wouldn't win a state championship. I believe the quote was, "the best wrestler never to win a state championship," and that he would have to wait another year. Now, he wins a state championship and people are talking about how Manley was not it the correct weight class and they should not have wrestled. Please, enough, when does the kid get any credit. What does he have to do, win the Olympics?

Chris Lewis

CBHS

I think that Nick looked great on Saturday night in winning. He looked strong and ready to take the next step. Then he did.

I also believe that most (not everyone) does give some preamble to their post and give Nick his credit as a very accomplished wrestler.

Unfortunately for Nick, he is only a side show to the post regarding his opponent, but not because he did not meet the challenge.

Congratulation to a fine wrestler and his championship this year. He deserved it.

What does he have to do, win the Olympics?

Chris Lewis

CBHS

that or a wwe title would also be impressive! :huh:

good observation as always from the head lifeguard at the wave pool.

during nick's match, someone sitting behind the dark side section of the arena made a comment about mccallie 52 spencer having a tough time with "that kid". the colombian wrestling guru, a.k.a. coach delgado, took a moment to introduce nick to the few rows behind us by stating his accomplishments over the last year. then there was silence........

Hey, I'm very happy for Nick. I had him winning all the way. If fact, usfjim, I believe your young one is in the hole with me. Forget about the best wrestler never to win a title. Nick might be one of the best wrestlers ever to only win 2 titles in our state. A kid like that makes you job easy, doesn't he Coach Lewis? :huh:

By the way, I need to stop by practice and pick up a USAW card. Is Mr. Barnett at all the practices? Thanks.

i do not follow the d2s much. i had seen manley at the states the last how many years he has always been really good. saw marable last year, then followed him this summer through fargo. which he won a cadet natl. title which to me is an incredible accomplishment. i new if he could do that at fargo then the state tournament was an achievement waiting to happen. i dont care that it was freestyle or if it was cadets if you can be a natl. champ at fargo that is the real deal. this is not taking anything away from manley cause he is probably one of the best tn. has produced in resent years and that says alot because we have 3 ranked in the top 20 in there weight in d1. and one that would be but he is not varsity right now. but natl. champ at fargo like i said thats the real deal. good luck to both manley at the navel acd. an marable on next year.