York Boys win in OT

Jimmy Chitwood

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See what happens when a team actually comes together and plays as a "team". It's about time york boys came together and play as a unit. Too many leaders is what this team has. Josh Stephens stepped up and played good. Derrick had one of his better defensive games also, Andy Choate played really well, so did Blakely Garrett, but these players have one thing in common.......you try to play as individuals. You're over rated. But tonight you came back down off your high horse and played as a team. Just keep doing that.

Also Blakely and had a sweet blocks.

I'm an idoit? God bless you. But first I know all of the boys personally. And yes they are over rated. AP poll means nothing. I was voted AP player of the week for a performance in football and it means nothing but you're name in the paper. Acutally one of the boys that plays for york is my brother. Josh, Blakely, and Derrick have played sports together before and when they actually play together and come back to earth they are some of the best on the field, court or whatever they play on but when they fall apart and quit playing as a team yes they're over rated everyone expects too much from Josh and Derrick. Because they are considered superstars of york basketball they over shadow younger players such as Bobby Stockton and alot of the other freshmen. Blakely is a much better football, and baseball player. (also a ok basketball player) Josh's game is basketball but he's a great baseball player too, but they are over rated when it comes to a sport they're not LaBron James or Micheal Jordan. Instead they are just home town heros of the hardwood. And when you give these guys too much credit they let it go to their heads. Scott Cargile, Anthony Jones were great players and played as a team. They never got their credit and Josh and his crew don't match up.

Overrated is definitely something these guys are not. Josh and Derrick are awesome players as well as some of the other guys on the team. The reason Josh and Derrick get so much attention, I think, is because they usually try to find a way to score for their team or do something to maybe spark their team. However, Blakely, Travis, Andy, Jordan, Volcan (?), and the others are good hustlers and help their team out in more ways than one. (Especially Duncan's hustle and the way Blakely played the other night.) I just wanna wish you guys good luck Tuesday against Portland. I hope you guys can pull it off. See ya in Portland!!!

How can you be "over rated" when your not even rated?

They have not been ranked in a single poll all year long, and with the exception of Ledbetter, none of them are in the player rankings.

Look at the stats does anybody jump out to you? The answer is no....

Josh Stephens-17

Derek Ledbetter-12

Brian Tipton-9

Travis Ducan-6

Blakely Garret, Andy Chote, and Vulken Gorgun combine for-11

What's the big deal with Garrett anyway? I've read several posts where "jill24" talks about how good he is. He scored 5 points the whole game. He missed probably 8 free throws. Why wasn't Clark in there at the end of the game. Clark has the court savy that Blakely Garrett lacks. He could have cost them the game with his wild passes and lack of ball handling skills towards the end of the Livingston game. If the coach hadn't taken him out, I doubt they could've pulled the win. I understand that "jill24" may be a female who admires Garrett, but she should really try getting his phone number instead of talking about him being the great player that he isn't. He's athletic and that's it. If anybody is overrated, it's Garrett. Not Stephens, Ledbetter, and company....