TROUSDALE DOWNS GORDONSVILLE

Govolss

hey i have something to say to everyone Gordonsville did not get beet physically last night they just had one off game i mean tc got lucky and that is all. just like what happened the night before that when they played westmorland. westmorland had an off night. yall got lucky and if you get real lucky you might get to see the tigers again in the region championships. tc yall are good but not as good as westmorland and Gordonsville. both of these teams beet tc twice in the regular season. tc got lucky and that is all so people keep talking it up saying Gordonsville is a fluk well think what you want but everyone be ready because they are going to be mad going into the regions and i would not want to play them. and by the way sullivan i think you got something last night that belongs to austin. you are a good player and your team won but i thought mvp went to the best player and last night it did not well austin keep it up everyone knows that sullivan has your plaque but it is all good we will see everyone in the regions i would love to see tc make it all the way that way Gordonsville gets to play them again because the outcome will be different this time. oh well did anyone else see kemp, the tc point guard standing out there talking to the refs at halfcourt during the game you aint supposed to be able to do that so what was up with that seems a little fishy to me.

Dale Jr the name is SULLINS if you are going to talk about someone spell their name right, Once again it is SULLINS ;)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

creampull schedule comes home to roost...now they're 27-4 (they may forget their other two losses but a gym full of people saw them)

If the gville team has played acream puff schedule then everyone in the region has because they have played the same people. So get off the schedule. And dont say that 2aUPpercumberland division with Upperman york Jacckson etc are any improvement for strenght of schedule because they havent done so well either as far aswins and losses. Ido believe gville beat the #2 seeded owls twice this year and they are in that district. Noone wins 27 in arow without being good and having alittle luck. Strong or weak schedule.

Ok Sullins does deserve MVP. Yes Austin had a heck of a tournament and scored alot of points, but that is not necessarily an MVP. An MVP hits the baskets when they're needed most, gets the big rebounds, steals, blocks, etc. Sullins had the most all-around good tournament. He hit 2 big 3's against Westmoreland to even give TC a chance in that game, and he's one of the main reasons TC beat Gordonsville until he fouled out. He does the little things that you can't see in the stat book. So if you look at all around tournament stats then you can't even argue, Sullins IS the 2004 District 8A MVP.

Austin hit baskets when they were needed, he got BIG rebounds, blocks, and steals. HE deserved MVP. Austin played better than whatever his name is, and should have gotten the award! If you can't see what Sullins does in the stat book, then he didn't do too much.

Edited by Koala23

I am troubled. Why is it that when an underdog wins a close game it is always luck or the refs or something else that really doesn't figure in. TC took the lead in the second qtr, led by 1 at half, extended that lead to double digits in the second half. Then when GHS had to start fouling, TC missed both shots at the double bonus at least three times to alow the game to get as close as it was. Someone explain it to me!!!

Ok Sullins does deserve MVP. Yes Austin had a heck of a tournament and scored alot of points, but that is not necessarily an MVP. An MVP hits the baskets when they're needed most, gets the big rebounds, steals, blocks, etc. Sullins had the most all-around good tournament. He hit 2 big 3's against Westmoreland to even give TC a chance in that game, and he's one of the main reasons TC beat Gordonsville until he fouled out. He does the little things that you can't see in the stat book. So if you look at all around tournament stats then you can't even argue, Sullins IS the 2004 District 8A MVP.

I am troubled. Why is it that when an underdog wins a close game it is always luck or the refs or something else that really doesn't figure in. TC took the lead in the second qtr, led by 1 at half, extended that lead to double digits in the second half. Then when GHS had to start fouling, TC missed both shots at the double bonus at least three times to alow the game to get as close as it was. Someone explain it to me!!!

Thank you guys soo much. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Trousdale County District 8A Back-to-Back District Champions 2003-2004

well all i have to say is yeah sullians is good but austin is better and i dont know of anyone that does the little things for his team more than austin. the only reason he got it is because they won the district and i aint takin nothin away from him he is an excellent player, but everyone knows if Gordonsville had won that game then austin would have got it. it mainly depende on the team that won the game the mvp should come from that team. and i have to disagree. that was austins award. he deserves it. and i aint tryin to say that sullians dont but austin deserves it more. and for the person talking about the refs didnt play a role in the game friday night what district game was you at? was you at the Watertown tournaments. if you were there then you cant say that the refs did not play a role in the game. i mean both sides got bad calls. but Gordonsville got some bad calls when they could not afford them.

DaleJr,

You have your tounge around your eye tooth and you can't see what you are saying. By saying Austin deserves the MVP more than Sullins, you ARE saying that Sullins doesn't deserve it. How else can anyone read what you said? Probably 99% of the time the MVP comes from the winning team. There is nothing new to that.

If you are talking to me about the refs, I didn't say that they called a perfect game, they seldom do. Yes, I was in Watertown and yes there were many fouls called on both teams. If I remember correctly GHS was shooting one and one shortly after the second qtr started. I also seem to remember that TC had more fouls than GHS in the second half until GHS had to start fouling to have a chance to get back in the game.

I was at the game Friday night as I have been at every single Gordonsville game this season. I saw a team that didn't hit their free throws, didn't rebound and just didn't make those 15 footers they've been making all year. We've had sorry refs alot this year. They just don't train them like they did 20 years ago when I played!!! We didn't play our A game and we lost- Bottom Line.......

Edited by msr22

hey steamboat i never said sullians did not deserve it i just planily stated that austin deserved it more. and i have a grip the mvp should not always have to come from the winning team. so you wrap your tongue around your eyes or something to that matter whatever it is supposed to mean. i just simply stated my opinion that austin is a better player than sullians i guess the district didnt see it but middle tennessee did becasue austin is up for Mr. Basketball so at least he gets some credit from someone. and trust me sullians is a great player and i aint tryin to take nothing away from him. just simply in my eyes and alot of other peoples eyes austin is just simply a better player than him. and congrats to tc on there win tonight.