Most Valuable Player at Kingston

Guest vapor rub

Guest vapor rub

Sitzler wins MVP and his team finishes 2nd. This is a JOKE. Anderson Co. had two kid who deserved that award more than Sitzler did.

A little home cooking in the voting. I admit he played well but not that well. I hope it was hard for his father to give the award to him knowing it should have gone to AC.

It gives Kingston another black eye, as did their fans this season in the stands and outside.

This was the second tacky move Kingston made of the night. The first two games the gym was packed and the administration had the end zone bleacher put up so no one could sit there. Then at the end of the consolation boys’ game they pulled them out so their crazies could fill up the section.

Kingston don’t be so obvious when you’re trying to stick it to everybody.

Edited by hopi

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talented player although a little much on the celebrating after a made basket. Where was the MVP's dunk?? The bleacher thing was a really poor decision, I believe it was done because the word got out that the LC & Loudon kids were going to cheer on the OS girls and then the AC boys and they didn't want that happening. LOL !!!! SWEET SWEET night in Kingston though !!!

The last time there was home cookin like this, Granny had the whole group of Bugtussle Clampets around the cement pond for BBQ possum feet. Wally Lowery was the MVP of this tourney plain and simple! Wally had 23 tonight, and along with Andrew Chaniott, helped to completely control the tempo of the second half for the Mavs, with his ball handling. Sitzlar didn't even have that good a game tonight as each M. Mott 3 was made while Sitz was guarding him, and he made the foul that sent Mott to the free throw line for 3 free throws, which he made. Sitz had 16 tonight and for him to be named MVP from the second place team is a complete joke. Par for the course for Kingston though. Also as the second seed Kingston should have been the visiting team, against the First seed AC, but again we were in Kingston so right and wrong doesn't apply. I noticed that the all tourney selection committee high tailed it right after the game, probably for some possum feet at the Sitzlar's, I mean Clampets!

Arnwine,

I have to tell you, I tried to talk with people from Kingston about who was on the selection committee after the game, and was told by everyone, including their head coach, that they didn't know who they were. Finally after the assistant principal walked with me to the coaches, they said they (the committee) had left, but they based their decision on the whole tourney, not just one game, and that it wouldn't do me any good to talk with them. I asked who the committe was made up of, and they said it was "people from the Community". I told them that it wasn't right that Wally Lowery was not the MVP, and that there could have been no objectivity in the committee. The head coaches response was "well thats one way to look at it"! This is high school sports run amuck, in Kingston. They should have had the District tourney taken from them after the AC game at their place, and yet they continue to thumb their noses at what is right and wrong. AC has beaten Kingston 3 times this year, twice at their place, and yet they still award their kids with more hardware after the tourney. 3 AC kids on the all-tourney team, 3 Kingston kids on the all-tourney team, and Sitzlar gives the MVP trophy to his son! The worst part is they all feel perfectly entitled to do so, and become indignant when anyone questions them about it. That school system is stinking up the whole town, and nobody there seems to mind the stench one bit.

Although I'm sure Mr. Lowery or Mr. Humphrey or Mr. Chaniott may have been a bit disappointed that they didn't receive the "MVP," I am sure they would trade any amount of hardware for the W--which is exactly what they got!!

Knowing the AC players and coaching staff the way I do, I'm going "way out on a limb" when I say they'd ALL rather have the district champion plaque to share with everyone than have some individual award.

And let me add this:

IT'S GREAT TO RUN WITH THE HERD!!

Robinhood,

You and arnwine make very good points. I didn't miss the point, I just don't want to go there. I teach with Wally's mother and I'm sure she will be disappointed Monday when we talk a little ball, but...I keep telling myself the coaches thought enough of him to make him DISTRICT MVP so.....I was and am looking on the bright side of things!! I could go on and on, but...I'll just leave it at that!!