Most Valuable Player at Kingston

Guest vapor rub

well to all you jokers thinking that the MVP was a joke. Let's look at the stats SITZLAR not chaniot or humphrey lead the league in Points, Rebounds and Dunks. And somehow he didn't get player of the year in the reg. season. And the MVP is for the Most Valuable Player in the tounament not the MVP of 1st place. And for HOPI i beleive AC left the parking lot with the black eyes not Kingston so everybody needs to mind there own business.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I takes a real man for 20 to jump 2 guys and 6 girls. Kingston is low class, that is why nobody likes them, the same reason why they live there their whole life, bc as soon as they go somewhere else nobody likes them and they cant take it.

For the district MVP Usually the winner has the MVP on their team, but not thisyear. For Sitsler not winning the Season MVP, he faded off at the end and Poole stole alot of his votes by coming on strong. Sitsler did great against cupCAKe teams in their nondistrict schedule, but wasnt as impressive against district opponents.

For the bleacher thing, is anyone actually surprised, Kingston is classless and they will be classless next week come region time. Thats just who they are...

Guest vapor rub

I left off the fact the team on top of the brackets is to be the home teams and they are to set on the left of the scorers table. and again another screw up. Kingston got to be home and OS girls and AC boys had to go toward the crazies the second half. If Kingston had been good enough to keep it close in either game it could have effected the out come.

The Os score keeper had to stand the whole game and the other teams score keeper had to set in the bleachers

I didn't believe Laura deserved the MVP of the girls either she played great but the Monk kid was the deciding factor of the two games I saw.

I can't believe the way the district was run down there.

The region teams deserve better than what Kingston is able to provide.

As far as Kingston being the home team, that was agreed upon in the district meeting with no objctions. Every tournament that I've seen around here allows the host school to be the home team and keep their bench when they play. One reason is so the clock keeper that is used to putting Kingston's points on the home side doesn't get confused. I don't think any coach had a problem with Kingston keeping their bench and side on the scoreboard. Rockwood's boys and girls had the same setup in the District 4A Tournament.

Sitzlar did have a great tournament as did Lowery. Sitzlar buried four threes on his way to 26 points and 7 boards in their semifinal win. Last night, he had 16 points and 10 boards.

I had Lowery with 23 points and 5 boards last night(could be off because I'm not used to watching AC). I didn't see his semifinal game with Loudon, but I believe he had 13 points. I don't know any other stats for that game.

Sorry Goosevol,

You can stick up for that garbage all you want, but you know, and I know there is alot wrong with Kingston athletics. First of all, this district is blessed with some pretty good coaches, who are also pretty good guys. The fact they didn't object shows their class. The fact that Kingston "firmly" requested it (put it in the tourney rule sheet) shows the way they do things. It sets a bad precident for other sports. In baseball for example, should the host team make a similar request, should it also be honored, since we do it in basketball? Then the final at bat, which is an advantage is given to the host school regardless of whether they earned it during the season. I have also seen many basketball tourneys where the host school, has NOT retained the home court status, so lets get off that tired horse.

As far as the MVP, the semi-final pales in comparison to the final in the MVP chioce. I have been around a long time, and seen lots of tournaments, in lots of different sports, and it is only the very, very rare case when the MVP comes from the non-champion team, and then, only in the case of an exceptional performance that clearly stands above the rest. Sitzlar's was not. The sad thing is that this is an honor that would have meant alot and been helpful to the senior Wally Lowery, and he is deprived because of local petty politics. I'm embarrassed for this decision, and for you Goosevol for sticking up for it. Why don't you also address the roping off of the end stands during the boys consolation game for me, or maybe that was covered in the pre-tourney meeting too.

Robinhood

In baseball, the host school at a tournament keeps their dugout, but of course they don't get to bat last unless their the higher seed. But like I've said, every coaches meeting that I've attended has seen the host school request to keep their own bench and be the home team on the scoreboard. I have never seen a team object to that and it really makes no difference (to me). Kingston had to go into the heart of the AC student section in the second half just like AC going into Kingston's and we all know the Herd has a great student section.

Also I never said that Sitzlar should have got the MVP over Lowery. I simply gave his stats and the stats I had for Lowery. I personally would have voted for Lowery for the same reasons you listed, because he put up solid numbers and Sitzlar's, although very solid and maybe a little better overall in both games, did not dwarf his and the championship game should mean more. I do think Sitzlar means more to his team and that, hopefully, is the reason he was chosen and not because of "Home Cooking". I believe just about every one thinks that Sitzlar means more to his team than any other player in the district.

As far as the roping off of a section or pushing in the bleachers, I wasn't there when it happened, but I don't think that I would've pushed them in. However, that is Kingston's student section and I would've hoped that other schools wouldn't have sit there for spite if they were out.

As far as Kingston's athletics are concerned, if a person has a complaint then first talk to the coach, then the Athletic Director, then the Principal, then School Board and Director of Schools. If that doesn't help then I don't know what else can be done. But I know if enough people voice their opinion then something will be done. I'm not saying something needs done or doesn't need done, but that's the only way I know to address it. If you want, you can write a Letter to the Editor to our paper. Roane County News, PO Box 610 Kingston, 37763.

Again I can see where the folks at AC are upset, but don't fault Justin Sitzlar. He gave it 100% as did Lowery and evey other player on the court.

Edited by goosevol