Can Dresden beat Gleason?

DHSlionfan

Gleason/Dresden will be worth the price of admission.. Some say this could make for a good regional championship or even an incredible Sub-state matchup.. Unfortunately, one of these teams will be going home after this evening.. The Lady Dawgs have senior leadership in Suddath, Spain @ Wilson and also an outstanding backcourt of Price and Hudson who have carried most of the offensive load for Gleason these past couple of weeks.. ;) And how about the play of Riley Auvenshine this post-season.. Outstanding play from an 8th grader..

Dresden must get all around game from Brooke Levister who has stepped up of late.. Alicia Austin has been a force inside and Kaci Bailey is finally back :D and playing well.. Her outside shot makes this a much different Lady Lion offense with more options.. If Katie Quinton or one other play step up offensively, this game becomes interesting ;) I look for it to be a close game, dominated by defense with the final score being in the mid 40's :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate Katie being on the list (she is my sister),

Bulldawg-fan: Not a former player, but might as well have been. My sources on the game are pretty solid because my sister plays. I'm living in Chicago now, so it's tough to get down for a game. I'm hoping to see a region game. And, if our ladies make it to state, I will be there.

I'm also a private investigator and slept in a Holiday Inn last night. I bet I can find some disrespectful things you and several other "Gleasonites" have said about other programs, much moreso than anything I have said about Gleason.

I highly doubt you can find anything disrespectful I have said about any other teams. But you can go ahead and try. And, you know, just to end this whole coversation, I will say this: I am not at all happy that I am missing the majority of my sister's senior season. The reason I post on this board is to try to keep up with what is going on while I'm not there. The reason I find posts like yours so annoying is because I don't feel they foster any good discussion. I would give anything to be in Trenton tonight to see the Gleason-Dresden game. And I would love to come on here later tonight and have a grown-up discussion about the outcome - no matter what it is.

I appreciate Katie being on the list (she is my sister),

Bulldawg-fan: Not a former player, but might as well have been. My sources on the game are pretty solid because my sister plays. I'm living in Chicago now, so it's tough to get down for a game. I'm hoping to see a region game. And, if our ladies make it to state, I will be there.

I'm also a private investigator and slept in a Holiday Inn last night. I bet I can find some disrespectful things you and several other "Gleasonites" have said about other programs, much moreso than anything I have said about Gleason.

I highly doubt you can find anything disrespectful I have said about any other teams. But you can go ahead and try. And, you know, just to end this whole coversation, I will say this: I am not at all happy that I am missing the majority of my sister's senior season. The reason I post on this board is to try to keep up with what is going on while I'm not there. The reason I find posts like yours so annoying is because I don't feel they foster any good discussion. I would give anything to be in Trenton tonight to see the Gleason-Dresden game. And I would love to come on here later tonight and have a grown-up discussion about the outcome - no matter what it is.

What separates Gleason from Huntingdon or Dresden or South Fulton or pretty much any other team is that we keep learning and growing over the season.

Really? This statement could be conscrued as cockiness or downgrading other teams couldn't it? I guess it just depends on if your from Gleason or not. Or if you let comments like that bother you or not. I really didn't mean to be offensive to Gleason, sorry that ya'll have taken it that way. :D

vandy03 is far from cocky, and she is very unlikely to downgrade anyone. I am from Gleason, and I didn't take it as cockiness or anything negative. I guess it's that high Gleason intelligence. We all understand each other. ;) Either way, the comments didn't bother me. I'm pretty confident in our girls ability (and desire) to win this ballgame.

26-3

And, yes, glsn5, we do understand each other. ;)

And I suppose my hope for more adult conversation was futile. I look forward to hearing about the game tonight. I hope Gleason wins (because, yes, I am biased towards the school I attended), but I'm sure it will be a hard fought game by both teams -- which, by the way, is something I never questioned and is what this thread of posts was supposed to be about.

Sounds like Gleason5 is pretty cocky about tonights game.

vandy03 is far from cocky, and she is very unlikely to downgrade anyone. I am from Gleason, and I didn't take it as cockiness or anything negative. I guess it's that high Gleason intelligence.  We all understand each other.  ;)  Either way, the comments didn't bother me. I'm pretty confident in our girls ability (and desire) to win this ballgame.

I don't think glsn5 is cocky. The winking smiley face should have tipped you off to the fact that it was a bit of a joke. And being pretty confident in Gleason's desire to win isn't cocky at all. The girls have a lot of desire -- as do Dresden's girls, I'm sure. Whoever wins will have earned it with a lot of hard work.

Final score Gleason 50 Dresden 39...I am so proud of how all of our girls played...outstanding! Meagan, Amy, Kayla,Amber, Ashley, Katie, Teaya, Riley...Congratulations...it's back to substate for the first time in a lot of years, you did Gleason and yourselves proud...Good game to Dresden..Kaci, you are one in a million..good luck the rest of your basketball career...Our family thinks a lot of you Kaci and without a doubt you'll do great things...again, way to go lady dawgs...