Rankings are Bogus

bballisfun

The people who come up with the highschool rankings are nuts. Farragut is ranked waaaaay below a Bearden team which they have beaten 3 out of 4 times they played. Also, 3 out of the 4 times they played it was @ Bearden and the one time it was @ Farragut, the game was pretty much over in the first half. It's kinda strange if ya ask me. I mean , they both have the same amount of losses and Farragut has had better luck in district and region play (losing just 3 games as opposed to Bearden's 6) I can't be the only one a wee bit puzzled by these figures. surely...

The people who come up with the highschool rankings are nuts. Farragut is ranked waaaaay below a Bearden team which they have beaten 3 out of 4 times they played. Also, 3 out of the 4 times they played it was @ Bearden and the one time it was @ Farragut, the game was pretty much over in the first half. It's kinda strange if ya ask me. I mean , they both have the same amount of losses and Farragut has had better luck in district and region play (losing just 3 games as opposed to Bearden's 6) I can't be the only one a wee bit puzzled by these figures. surely...

Because Bearden has more quality wins and can win on the road. They also are district 4-AAA champions, which is something Farragut has not laid claim to. The rankings aren't bogus, they make sense. And if you had common sense, you might see why they are ranked the way they are.

Quality wins on the road?? Umm i know about some quality losses...And as for quality wins how about Farragut's two @ Bearden. What you said is irrelevant to the argument. The point is that Farragut has beaten them 3 out of 4 times, and only one of which was played @ Farragut (blowout win). - Farragut has had quality road wins just alike - West being one (and Bearden got beat handily by them) - their records are similar, and Farragut has had a better region and district record. These stats are definatly reasonable grounds for arguing on behalf of Farragut's rank. And as for the loco fella, people talk about rankings in every sport and why their team is here and why they are there. As long as rankings exist, they will always be talked about so if you are sick of it or dont want to hear/talk about it, then save your time and energy, and just dont reply.

If the rankings are bogus dont look at them. Rankings are fun and thats about it, they dont count for anything so why does anyone really care. If your team is out there winning district and region championships then who cares about some rankings, if your team isint out there coming up with big wins and championships then they probably should be ranked where they are.

Do away with the rankings all together. The media votes for the rankings every week and I don't really think many of them have a clue. Too many media outlets end up voting for teams that they cover and giving them more props than they may deserve. Outside of reading a score, can you honestly say that a media person from the west end of the state can honestly evaluate teams in the middle and eastern ends of the state. Of course, the same would apply to media outlets all over the state. These polls don't serve any purpose other than to give fans something to talk about.

Like I said earlier, I would be in favor of eliminating polls all together. If you must have a weekly poll, let a panel of coaches do the voting. I believe that they would be much more knowledgable than most of the media types who currently do the voting.

JMO

I dont look up rankings. I visit this site and i happend to come across them and saw some odd ranks, and while I was on Coach T i decided to post about it. I am well aware of the importance, or, lack there of, that these rankings have, but regardless of their meaninglessness (prob not a word but you get the idea, ya def not, but i think it should be) anyone would wonder why someone is ranked here or there - and the rankings are for the fans, so why not talk about em????!

Its just tough for the people that put out the rankings to take every single little thing in to consideration and alot of it is based on hear say because there is no one person in Tennessee who has seen every team play and to really know how good a team is you would have to watch them play 3 or 4 times.