temple

smitty77

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are, but then again, who rates them all that high to begin with? Maybe they are exactly what they are and where they are, average. Who thinks any different? All that said, I have to admit that their kids show as much or more class in losing than anyone I have seen. But this year they are use to losing, still, I will give them credit for that.

They are very young and were probably overrated due to last 2 years success. They have some great young players and Skogens is the real deal, but he is not enough to carry them too far in tourney. They have a bright future ahead, and great coaching always makes a big difference.

CPA beat both Grace and Temple by double digits at Temple earlier in the year and are actually playing much better now. Of course, I am sure Temple and Grace have improved as well; although CPA actually beat Temple again fairly easily just 3 weeks ago.

After Temple beat CCS, I am convinced Middle Tenn top teams are a step above Chatt. teams this year. Chatt. teams have swept state title the last 3 years, but i don't see it happening this year.

Well, after the win over CCS on Thursday night -- i don't think you can say Temple is a "pushover". They're certainly not "overrated" -- because they're not that high in the rankings.

I do believe they will beat Grace on Friday night and should do well in substate. So, good luck Crusaders!

I just reread all the posts and no one said they were a "pushover" except you.

Everyone has said they have a good young team, but possibly not good enough to go all the way, based on their success against other really good teams. I saw them play 3 times and they have one really good player, 2-3 other good young players (who will get better) and great coaching. That will win you some games, especially against average competition.

Great win over CCS, though. Perhaps CCS is the one who was overrated??

• 2 years later...